1. Zoom and auto flash added back in 48mp camera mode.
2. Messages got useful cards feature (new thing sorry)
so no néed of another apps like Microsoft, truecAller etc to categorise imp messages.
3. Stories (I guess) was renamed to "glance on Samsung"
I didn't try it but I guess it's same as lock screen stories in which you can select categories like sports, news, cricket etc. You get glance on lockscreen which you can read by swipeup. By default it was activated I suggest to keep it off if you don't use or not interested.
4. Battery usage :
There is not much difference in it. I can say no upgrade / degrade. Its same I think.
Idk if its a update / Google thing. Google consuming more battery than before. I generally keep Google to sleep and it used to consume just 1-2% before per day/charge.
I see that everyone praising Samsung for improvement in network. Yes I too see it in network bar.
In detail.. I have airtel in sim 1, jio in sim 2. I use data from airtel. Though bars seem to be increased from 1 to 2/3 in airtel and 2 to 3/4 in jio. speed is same as before. I'm getting just 130kbps browsing speed where as same airtel in my brothers S10 giving min 6mbps which even go to 25-30mbps at night. Same in case of my dads S9. I checked and see that band was set to 40 and with stable 3bars.
Oh wait they are premium devices? Right? My mother's galaxy on nxt which is my 2yr old mobile too getting good speed and network.
I contacted both airtel & jio on this. Here is their answer.
Airtel: sir please check sim in other devices if issues still there we will replace sim.
Jio : sir kindly change network mode to only lte instead Auto to get high speed.
WiFi : I used have issues of connecting / reconnect, speed, stability etc which fixed by flashing software again. So, No I don't have any issues.
Bluetooth : I don't have any issues with this too
Hotspot : flankly speaking I didn't updated to android 10 via ota instead I used odin to flash it. As I see many are facing Hotspot issues after updating to Android 10 I still don't have any issues with it. I can connect my laptop.
Yes, brightness issues fixed. I guess after update to android 10 users started facing issues with brightness even at low setting which made to install 3rd party apps like night shift, BLF, twilight etc.
9. Restart / hanging
No, I don't have any restart or hanging issues. I didn't got any unexpected restarts not even once. Hanging, I had sudden hang/ slow device when I'm testing my battery usage. It happened between 20-25% a lot actually. Also Samsung suugest not to use below 20% which I do only 1s after update. I didn't got this issue again in 3days. Also I suggest to keep charge between 20-80%.
Why 80? After reaching 80 device gets slowly charged. It takes more time. For ex. for me it used to take 2hrs for 0-80% and remaining 20% takes 40-60min. Though cutoff increased to 90% from June update I. E now your device getting fast charged for 90% and then reduces to 1000ma atleast for me/ in my device. Also charging for long hours may cause heating issue.
Conclusion : overall there is not much difference with June update except security month but drm issues still exist from June security update which need to be fixed. DRM issue started with June security update and all M30s users are facing. Because of this ott apps like prime, Netflix, hotstar not able to get access l1 certification and unable to play HD / Uhd videos.
Please Samsung fix this👍👍
1. As battery usage in device care is not accurate I use accubattery to test.
2. Please be kind and mention if I miss anything in comments😎😎
I already posted about it. No you don't lose data unless you remove cable in the middle. Just have some patience as it downloads whole firmware around 3.5gb and it takes sometimes. Just connect with USB cable click update and wait for update complete alert. 👍👍👍
will the internal storage occuoation for the system remain same?? just asking beacuse you just said it will download the whole rom so is there any difference between the storage occupation after updating via smartswitch and via ota?