Original topic:

m30s gps issue

(Topic created on: 12-07-2019 04:19 PM)
Aakash0006
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy M
been using this laggy device from 3 months used maps yesterday on this device for the first time and the experience was really bad 
while driving through a route the arrow mark or the location mark stayed on a particular location 4-5 times but the car was in moving state and i passed by the turnes i had to take 
it seems like they don't use a gps sensor rather use internet for location
and even in offline downloaded maps while internet is off it showed error while finding a route 
the user experience of this device is becoming awful day by day
if anyone of you faced the same problem please comment below 
16 Comments
Comsup
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
You need to calibrate your GPS . use google map GPS recalibration option
0 Likes
Debanjan99
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
hey reading your comments on every critical posts I assume that you are kind of a moderator of samsung forum.. that's good but atleast work unbiased.. I'm an android developer and I know what I am talking about.. this device has a extremely poor network reception and gps has also became unusable after a month.. thousands of users are complaining about network and you guys think every other user is dumb right? Inspite of providing childish solutions like reset, restart, clear cache **bleep** accept the fault and report those issues to the developers as we users can't contact the developers if you moderators pass the issues of the users they may seriously look into that.. do your duty honestly
zatpat
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
show where it is? i don't see any gps calibration option.
0 Likes
Debanjan99
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
I am also facing the same problem at first this problem was not there but after the first month the problem appeared. Inside buildings if you want to order food or book a cab it just doesn't work.. I have complained several times for that but they are so arrogant to acknowledge the issue
Galaxy M

Hi there,

To resolve the issue please follow the below mentioned steps:

>Kindly go in Setting > Google > Location > Enable > Location method > High accuracy.

>Open play store/galaxy app > search Google maps in search box > tap on Google maps > update (if available).

>Go to Setting > Apps > Google maps > Storage > Clear Data > Delete > tap on Back key > Force Stop.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung members app(Open Samsung members app>click on “+“icon>send feedback>Error report/ Ask Questions).

Regards,
Team Samsung Members

0 Likes
zatpat
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
tried all . even report feedback at samsung member got reply . working on it. i don't know when it will solve?
0 Likes
venkaty
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
Issue with samsung M30s,
I have tried all options as above mentioned,

while going on the wheels with in city my device gps signal lost multiple times. I stopped relying on this device
it's always ask me to calibrate the gps.
vishal4samsung
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy M

I am facing same problem from past few months

0 Likes
TDa156
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

I had to remove the rear cover and the upper plastic plate that includes the antennas.

Using a fine and small file I managed to scuff up the contacts where the antennas contact the PCB.

This completely fixed my GPS issues.

Looks like  manufacturing defect to me.

0 Likes