Original topic:

connectivity

(Topic created on: 12-10-2019 01:55 PM)
Venkat101980
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy M

I couldn't connect OTG pen drive in m30s.. do I need to enable any settings.. any one guide me to resolve th

8 Comments
Galaxy M
hello Venkat101980,
M30s support OTG connection
If problem still resist please check your device is up to date or else update ASAP,
and just check if your pendrive contains virus or not, if there is virus than may be your phone can't detect pendrive.
and one thing more try both orignal and generic OTG adapter.
if you still having problem with OTG connection please send us errors report on samsung galaxy members
thank you
have a good day
0 Likes
Venkat101980
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

Thanks for your support. Mobile is upto date and the same OTG adaptor and Pendrive will show in A10S model and also Note 9 model. I have checked in other branded mobiles also. I have the doubt on whether any settings to be enabled to show OTG? Is there any settings on that?

0 Likes
Galaxy M
no there is no setting to enable or disable OTG connectivity.
0 Likes
Comsup
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Check in app settings -- more settings and verify OTG file system is FAT , exFAT or NTFS ( these supported only )
0 Likes
Hatilipi
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
Simple solution is go to nearby local store and try various type c otg and whichever detects in ur phone buy that.The device has some issue so it is not detecting all types of type c otg.
0 Likes
smilysahul
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
this is not device problem.there are different types of otg in the same type c. we need to see that
0 Likes
Hatilipi
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
Thats why i imentioned 'it is not detecting all types of type c otg'.
It will be good if company mention in its user manual about which type of type c OTG m30s will detect so that we dont have do try and test at local /online store.
0 Likes
Galaxy M

Hi there,

Please perform the following steps:
1- Check by other pen drive.
2- Perform Interactive checks through the Samsung Members app (Samsung Members> Get Help> Interactive checks->charger/USB).
3- Check the device performance in safe mode.
4- If issue still persists, create data backup and reset the device.
For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung members app(Open Samsung members app>click on “+“icon>send feedback>Error report/ Ask Questions).

Regards,
Team Samsung Members

0 Likes