Original topic:

USB Connector Connected/Disconnected on Samsung M30s

(Topic created on: 04-25-2020 11:54 PM)
Deep44
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy M
Hi Team,

Continously getting notifications for USB connector connected/disconnected and display is also not getting off. After I try to lock the phone the lockscreen wallpaper is getting changed on every click of pero button, the display is not getting off which is making me irritated and draining the battery. Tried resetting the phone but still the same issue.

This is my first Samsung phone, I bought it on the launch from Amazon but next time I am not going to buy any Samsung phone. It's not been a year and got this type of issue. 
10 Comments
Kinshuk05
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
It can be because of dust in your charging jack. Please try the following very Carefully..
1. Let the battery discharge to 0.
2. Take a soft toothbrush and clean your charging jack very gently. You can apply a drop of nail polish remover or after shave lotion as it would evaporate easily.
3. Let it rest for sometime under fan (at least half n hour) till it gets completely dry.
4. Plug it in and let it charge being in the off state to 100%.
5. Turn on and try how your mobile behaves.
0 Likes
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
calibrate your battery
clean port with soft brush or blow air with vacuum or hair dryer
reset phone settings once clear cache
reduce screen timeout from display settings
0 Likes
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
main reason for all to fail is bug instability you can either wait for next stable update or follow some advice and tips I could give you
1 use adaptive battery
2 use medium power save
3 prevent background apps from consuming data in battery device care
4 put unused apps to sleep
5 reduce some permissions given to apps that are not necessary for running of app
6 use dark mode
7 use location when necessary as in maps Google search or any location based app else constant use loads battery causing heating
8 prevent network inputs like NFC bluetooth WiFi from working together too many network inputs will cause heating and lagging
9 while charging keep phone idle
10 turn off auto sync use when necessary
11 reset phone settings once clear cache
12 if nothing works once try factory reset
13 charge in cool conditions as outside weather will be hot these days

I hope this helps because one ui bugs can be fixed by samsung when new updates come till then try these tips they could help to reduce battery heat up and loading so that smooth charging works and device runs smoothly
0 Likes
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

As mentioned by you that  device Reset step is already performed by you. We would request you to kindly send us the error log file using Samsung member application by mentioned path. Open Samsung member app > Get Help > send feedback > Error reports > attach log file
Note: For better assistance, please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
sreedhar_a
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy M

I have shared you the error report 

0 Likes
sreedhar_a
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy M

I have exactly the same issue, which started almost at the same time period. The USB connector connected/disconnected always comes the screen will be ON all the time, which drain the battery. The short cut I am using right now is to follow a sequence.

To charge the battery: 

1. Switch off the phone 

2. connect the USB charger 

3. The power supply icon comes, switch ON the phone.

4. The phone will get charged.

But after the charge, the screen will not switch off. To switch off the screen (normal screen operation)

5. Restart the phone (Screen will act normal, but you cannot charge the phone). To charge the phone, go back to step. 

I am sure it would be some weird software issue (nothing to do with USB port, humidity, temperature etc). Will wait for the samsung firmware engineers to release the fix, instead of continuing with the crazy sequence. 

0 Likes
scavenger07
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
it so bad the samsung companies can't help fast as a consumer' I am not satisfied this is very problematic issue that I have been facing since 1 week
0 Likes
scavenger07
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
I am not gonna buy samsung phones ever
0 Likes
scavenger07
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
I am sending reports from morning and they giving same steps again n again I am so frustrated that I cracked my phone
0 Likes