kgk92
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M

I am using Samsung m31 from July 2020. I don't have any problem since then, but everything changed after I updated the OS to OS11 UI3.0. 

My phone kept stuck and restarts for no reason. Today morning it restarted and when I tried to unlock it with 4 digit pin it started displaying "Try again after 1440 minutes", even though I had my pin correct.

It is really ridiculous that someone needs to wait for whole 24 hours to use the mobile phone.

From multiple posts what I learnt is by clearing the cache memory during bootup might solve the problem.

I tried to restart and enter boot mode. Unluckily each time I tried it restarted normally and the counter got updated to 1440 minutes.

Will clearing the cache solves the issue really (at least for the moment) or is there any solution?

Please help me.

Edited: I have waited for the whole 24 hours and now the mobile is working normally. After the restart, I uninstalled Turbo VPN app (unknown whether is it the reason for the multiple restarts). Thanks for the suggestions from the community.

19 Comments
DarshanChatterjee
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy M
Go to safe mode and see if this happen again or not.
Ehsank
Options
Galaxy M
go to safemode and observe is there same issue in safemode too
if not then problem may due to other downloaded apps
and if same issue in safemode then try to visit service centre

steps to turn safemode;
long press on power button>
long press on power off option>click on safemode >your mobile will restart and turn into safemode.

Keep in mind that in this mode only inbuilt system app will work
Ehsank
Options
Galaxy M
Meanwhile send feedback to Samsung by using get help section
GetHelp>>SendFeedback>>ErrorReport/AskQuestion>choose appropriate section

Screenshot_20201223-115720_Samsung Members_65434.jpg

Screenshot_20201110-145908_Samsung Members_63169.jpg

_SudhanshuX_
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy M
Try these steps for resolving such issues:

A) Bro First Clear Cache Partition of your phone..Always do it after every update .

1. Turn off your phone ...Connect your phone to laptop/pc with a type-c cable.

2. Press Volume up and power button (also press bixby button if present) at the same time .
3. Keep it pressed until samsung logo appears on your phone.
4. Then a list of your options will come on your phone..
Go to Clear Cache Partition option by navigating through volume buttons.
5. After selecting Clear Cache Partition option,then click power button once.
6. Once Cache is cleared you will be taken to first option..Then again click power button to restart the phone.

B) If other built in apps are also lagging and causing heating issues then,Restart your device in safe mode once and check your device for the issue.
you can enter safe mode by long pressing On power off menu.

Don't worry bro,Bugs usually arise after any major update and cause performance issues.
Keep cleaning Cache of apps frequently..like after every 2 or 3 days..this will prevent your phone from lagging issues .

If it helps, please "accept as solution" by clicking on the 3 dots at my comment. 😊
kgk92
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M

I tried to clear the cache by pressing the volume up + power button. I tried somewhere around 3 to 4 times but the mobile never entered the mode where I can see the options. 

The mobile starts as if it started normally.

I tried to do it after waiting for the whole 24 hrs just to make sure no other further issues might arise.

However, it didn't happen. Will try it out if has any issues in the future.

Thanks.

_SudhanshuX_
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy M
Bro you need to connect your phone to pc/laptop with your type-c cable.
Then Turn off your phone and follow those steps again ...it will work.

Actually before ONE UI 3 we didn't needed to plug it to pc while entering recovery mode..
But after this ONE UI 3 update , we need to plug our phone to pc/laptop. Then follow the above steps..
I hope it will work...
0 Likes
kgk92
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M

Thanks. I will give it a try.

ud3022
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy M

Did any of the above solutions work? Or did you have to wait for 24hrs? (I am facing the exact same issue with my M31)

0 Likes
GokulDossG
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M
same issue for me also last one week onwards. I am using M30 Mobile...
but after clearing cache memory, remove unwanted apps, free the RAM& Memory cleared.
now the issue is arises for me. let's see
0 Likes