Original topic:

Phone restarting frequently

(Topic created on: 05-28-2023 10:46 PM)
shadyslim
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M
Since 2 days my Samsung m31s is restarting frequently.  The device is 2 and half years old. Any tips how to tackle this?
12 Comments
MonK11
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
It's a known issue with Exynos 9611 SoC. The only option you have is to replace the motherboard, which is obviously would be ill advised because of the costs involved.
shadyslim
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
Tried factory reset now using like a new phone. Before the reset it restarts in every 15 minutes of interval. Now I mean in a day it restarts twice. After factory reset.
0 Likes
AnandSaheb
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
My M31s blacked out and never came back. It was because of the Exynos 9611 Chipset. At the service centre, they said it would cost me around 9-10k for Motherboard Replacement. Buried the phone and moved onto a new one.

It's good that your's is atlest working.
shadyslim
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
Suggest me a decent Samsung device, not exynos this time? I'm using my phone 7 hours a day. Are you still using Samsung or switched to another brand?
0 Likes
AnandSaheb
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
I am still with Samsung tho, I am using S21 FE right now, the phone is great but has battery drain issue.

This still has Exynos chipset though. You could browse some samsung phone with Snapdragon. It was just that I had my eyes on S21 FE for a long time and when on diwali it touched 35k I bought it.
0 Likes
shadyslim
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
I'm going to check the device at a Samsung service center if the shoe fits I'll repair if not, maybe it's time to move to ios iPhone 13. I heard apple devices lasts long. Never used apple.
0 Likes
MonK11
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
Go for S23 series as those are having Snapdragon processors, I won't tell you to wait for S24 series as Samsung is testing their Exynos for them.
Galaxy M

I need display for my phone. Interested in selling ur dead phone?

0 Likes
AnandSaheb
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
Hey, was busy here and there. Actually I gave that old phone to a relative who knows some guy having repair biz and he got it done for me at 10% price of what samsung service centre charged me.
0 Likes