Original topic:

M51 display less bright than M31

(Topic created on: 06-15-2021 01:05 PM)
PKDDKP
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M
Hi - I received a M51 from Amazon and then had to get it replaced because the charging port was faulty. The new model of M51 which was delivered seems to have a lower brightness than the M31 which I also own and is new. Side by side comparison clearly indicates that while the M51 has crisper display for HD videos on Netflix,  the overall brightness across all screens and apps is lower than the M31. How is this possible ?

I have checked most display settings and set them to maximum, and all adaptive display settings are disabled. Is this a M51 issue or is my model faulty ? Please advise on some fix for this if anyone else has also felt the M51 brightness is lower . The sAMOLEDPLUS should not have a lower brightness than the M31. 
11 Comments
Galaxy M
Now brightness controlled by Google intelligent Machine learning...
0 Likes
PKDDKP
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
Yes but how is it consistently lower than the M31. I have checked in low light and bright light conditions.
Galaxy M
Nits under light is less bro in m51 ..and that is good only because less chance to get display burn in..and under light m51 nit is 373 where m31 is 420 so obviously it's bright
PKDDKP
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
Okay. But even in no light condition, that difference is expected ? I was thinking I didn't notice this with the first model that was delivered to me, but perhaps that's an inaccurate memory of it . I thought a device issue and almost going for yet another replacement. I guess you would say that won't help?
Galaxy M
Bro .. now adaptive brightness given by Google os .. as Google minimize it by intelligent machine learning AI .. not only m51 .. in s9 ,note9 also .. I am using s9 and it's lower than previous now .. m31 have fixed nits so you can't compare like that
PKDDKP
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
I understand. Thank you for replying!
VermaSu
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
And bad for eyes also
Galaxy M
Yah
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurred.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes