Original topic:

Key highlights of July 2020 Security Patch release on Galaxy M30s

(Topic created on: 07-14-2020 10:12 AM)
Raghavendra98
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy M
Yesterday, Sammy surprised us all with another "monthly" update in its "quarterly" schedule and this time with notable changes:

1. The Good:
  • Brightness issue completely resolved and now, nighttime viewing is a pleasure.
  • Lags and micro-stutters that cropped up after June Security Patch is now gone. 
  • 48 MP camera now more flexible with Flash and Zoom capabilities added back. HOWEVER, HDR is still not enabled and flash mode available is only in Auto mode.
3. The Unchanged:
  • Battery life is more or less seems similar since initial Android 10 release and standby time has slightly improved. (I will edit post if anything noteworthy or mentionable).
  • Charging speed improvement in June Security Patch is retained. No complaints here.
  • There's still no support for Knox Security or Goodlock for some reason.
  • The "motion effect" in wallpaper is still missing.
  • The battery stats in "Device Care" is still useless and misleading.
4. The Bad:
  • Samsung, with no prior notice or "opt out" option, added a dumb wallpaper feature called "Glance". This shows a wallpaper that updates weekly with personalized content and ads on the lockscreen. This is so stupid that it doesn't even show lockscreen notifications. I disabled this immediately (source in comments).
  • Samsung automatically wasted my mobile data and installed Snapchat and another dumb a s s game without any notification, which I had to uninstall manually.
5. Unconfirmed Changes:
  • Some users claimed their cellular reception improved but, I see no such changes. I never had network issues before either.
  • Some users also claimed that RCS support was added but I saw no option for the same.

Overall, Samsung pushed a good update this time with good improvements. I only wish they didn't add that useless wallpaper feature.
17 Comments
Raghavendra98
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
What 😳😳 you are expecting knox through ota🙄🙄
0 Likes
Raghavendra98
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
Bruhhhh

M30s already has Knox. It's disabled by software.

I created a virtual user on my phone using "Island" and it was secured by Knox.

So YES, Samsung can enable it via OTA.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
Lol bro.. 🤣🤣
Check this SS

You can check yourself

https://www.samsungknox.com//knox-platform/supported-devices

Knox is a hardware related. Every new device Samsung releases will be added in this site. If knox supports you get version no. If not simply N/A.
If your device support knox but apps are not preinstalled then you can expect it from ota.
Raghavendra98
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
Try this app. As soon as you create Island environment on your device with a new "Work Profile", the "Secured by Knox" watermark comes.

Check "Knox" in search bar of settings menu. You'll find some apps.

M30s has Knox but is disabled in its full capacity.

You are technically right, Knox is not supported but 100% sure Hardware is there.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
If you are talking about this its because you have knox work setup installed in M30s. Dual messenger uses work setup to provide dual environment of secondary browser, file manager in secondary app. As it was provided by knox it doesn't mean you have knox it is using knox environment according to me or some say knox deployment services. Even if you use Samsung Internet browser to has secured by knox.
Raghavendra98
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
So it is not the main Knox Security feature of other phones?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
No. Its just a work profile every brand has implemented by android. Its just showing knox because of Samsung... Or you may call small app of knox. Not knox security.
Nil555
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
good information