Original topic:

Galaxy m53 5g network and Heating issue

(Topic created on: 05-23-2023 10:25 PM)
0RJ
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy M
📢 Dear Samsung ,

📱 I am a Samsung Galaxy M53 5G user residing in a 5G network area. I purchased this phone on October 5th, 2022, and initially, it worked well for 2-3 months. I have been using the 5G network without any issues. However, in January 2023, I suddenly noticed that the 5G network on my smartphone is not showing (📲 software: Android 13, One UI 5.1). 😕 I assumed it could be a problem with my service provider, but after 2-3 days, I still couldn't access the 5G network.

😞 I reported this problem through the Samsung Member app, and I was advised to perform a factory reset. I followed the instructions, and my smartphone started showing the 5G network again. I thought the problem was fixed. However, after 1-2 weeks, my phone started overheating, and the issue with connecting to the 5G network resurfaced.

🔄 I performed a second factory reset to address the 5G issue, which worked temporarily. However, the heating problem persisted. I even took measures such as placing most of my apps in deep sleep mode and uninstalling unnecessary applications, but the overheating issue still remained. It's frustrating that my phone heats up excessively.

😔 I discovered that many other Samsung Galaxy M53 5G users are also facing the same problems. We sincerely hope that you will provide a better solution to address these issues. When I visited the Samsung service center and explained my concerns, the worker there told me that every smartphone heats up during summer, implying it's a common issue. This response was not satisfactory and made me question if I am being misled. 😡

Furthermore, when I mentioned the 5G network problem, they suggested it might be an issue with my service provider and stated that 5G is still in beta testing, downplaying its importance. However, I have a new and latest Jio SIM, and other smartphones are functioning perfectly fine on 5G. It seems like something is amiss. To verify my suspicions, I contacted many other Samsung Galaxy M53 5G users, and it turns out that they are also facing similar problems. This raises concerns as the M53 5G is a relatively new phone launched in 2022. We feel deceived, and our trust in Samsung is dwindling. 😔🚫

🔍 Additionally, I would like to provide some additional information regarding these issues. I have noticed that when the phone's temperature is low or normal, the 5G network works fine. However, when I use certain apps, the phone starts to heat up, and subsequently, the 5G network connectivity is lost. It seems that there is a correlation between the phone heating up and the inability to connect to the 5G network. Could this problem be caused by the MediaTek processor? 🤔

👉 Am I still facing both issues? Yes, but I have found ways to cope with them, or you could say that I am making compromises. I limit my usage to apps like WhatsApp, YouTube, and occasionally Twitter, which prevents the phone from overheating as I do not use it extensively. Whenever the issue of the 5G network not being connected arises, I let my smartphone cool down or reach a normal temperature. Then, I go to Settings > Reset > Reset All Settings. After restarting, I am able to regain the 5G network. However, I have to perform this reset every one to two days because I encounter these issues on a daily basis.

I sincerely hope that you will provide a great and satisfactory response regarding these issues and work towards resolving them as soon as possible.

edit :- check out my other post about samsung has not public body sar value in India https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Tech-Talk/Body-sar-value-detail-is-missing-in-India/td-p/1392851...

24 Comments
VishalH
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Jio network not stable on 5g and also 4g,lte ..
0 Likes
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and will surely assist you regarding the same. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Support> Ask question > Type your query > Send).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
shivam130
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
The same issue i facing in my samsung m13 5g smartphone but network resetting setting is not solving this problem
0RJ
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
so are you still not able to use 5g ?
shivam130
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
now I have reseted the phone so it is working now but not sure how long it will work ?
I already reseted my smartphone 2 or 3 times from this problem
0 Likes
0RJ
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
instead of reset your device, first cool down your phone than go to setting > general managemenr > reset > reset all setting than your phone will be restarted without loosing files and may you get back your 5g network.

some time changing sim slot also work, but first cool down your phone
0 Likes
rikesh11425
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
I am m32 5g user facing this same issue when phone temperature goes to 42 degree my 5g disconnects 🥺
0 Likes
rikesh11425
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
Exactly same issue i am facing from april
0 Likes
Galaxy M
I don't know if this is a bug but many users having 5G enabled on phone have heating issues and top of that it's summer. 5G is the reason for heating and phone automatically disconnects 5G just like it stops charging phone if heating too much or brightness drops