Original topic:

Galaxy M51 adaptive brightness issue

(Topic created on: 10-22-2020 02:44 PM)
Gadget12
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M
Facing issue with the adaptive brightness. Keeps fluctuating even when in the same lighting condition be it indoors or outdoors. Have updated to the latest software version which includes a fix but doesn't seems to be working. Also have tried factory reset, clearing cache of camera sensor, settings reset. Nothing seems to work. Wondering is it a software bug or a hardware issue 

16 Comments
Gaurav_hfn
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
same thing happening in my mobile, Samsung galaxy m51. obviously it's a software bug. don't know Samsung know about this or not! aur we can expect this has to be fixed in next update?
manimanik19
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
+1
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve display brightness issue kindly follow the below step given below:-

1. Adjust brightness on auto mode:- Go to Settings > Display > Tap on Auto brightness > Toggle switch to Enable Auto brightness.

2. Reset the device:- Settings >General Management > Tap on Reset.
Note: Before reset make sure to have back up of the data via Smart Switch Mobile App
(Install Smart Switch App > Open > Click on Memory Card Icon >Back Up option > Choose the data for Back up > Back Up).

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Hemant79
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy M
I am also facing the same adaptive brightness issue. I have bought the phone (Galaxy M51) on 19 Oct 2020 and have the updated software also. I want to report here that this adaptive brightness issue is not unique to particular devices but common in all the Galaxy M51 devices. I knew about that issue even before buying the phone. But still I went ahead and bought the device as I had trust in Samsung brand. But even after so much time of launching the device and many reports by multiple reviewers online for same issue Samsung don't seem to bother about it and it's loyal customers. Hereby, I would like to request Samsung to address this adaptive brightness issue asap possible by providing an interim patch fix. This really ruins the experience despite of having industry best screen technology. I hope Samsung will listen and act fast on it.
Gadget12
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
I have done all steps mentioned but the problem seems to remain please provide with software update to fix this issue
HSamsung
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy M
After doing all the probable solutions to the adaptive brightness issue, still the problem persists. It is very irritating.
rishucoolbuddy
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy M
facing the same issue
0 Likes
fitradhan
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

+1
same thing happening in my Samsung Galaxy M51, adaptive brightness keeps fluctuating, I followed customer service instructions and the problem still happening, please fix this on the next update

Gadget12
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
Inspite of having given feedback by many owner's of samsung m51 it's a shame on Samsung hasn't fixed the adaptive brightness bug of extreme fluctuation in the November security update. Though provided with important features like secure folder and haptic feedback in the update. Really disappointed by Samsung, whenever call customer care they say it's a feature you can disable it. Having using smartphone past 7 years never faced such a petty issue. Either the panels are defective or the sensor is of poor quality. No wonder the update does provide with important things but missed quite a lot of things too also update giving us bloatware isn't acceptable at all. I had uninstalled many apps and after updating the phone they were back there again. I guess no other option then to adjust brightness manually as per convenience. Highly disappointed from Samsung.