Original topic:

Galaxy M31 battery issue

(Topic created on: 03-11-2020 03:41 PM)
sammy456
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy M
I seem to not get a great battery life which was promised with 6000 mah battery. It's hardly a day's usage. Is it normal? When I run battery diagnostics from Device Care - Optimize now, I hardly see any draining issues. But screen on time is equivalent to any 4000 mah battery phone. Can anybody 

else share the results? I don't like Samsung's way of showing screen on time. It starts counting everyday, instead SOT should be counted from last full charge. For example - SOT started counting today morning and I also charged upto 96% . Now it's at already 55%(see screenshot).
sammy456
Active Level 2
Galaxy M
it must be bcoz of poor optimisation of Android 10 in Samsung phones as I see even during sleep hours- night to morning it drains 5 to 8 percent. I saw in m30s earlier with Android 9 it used to offer a great battery life of 2 days moderate to heavy usage.
0 Likes
Abhinash2221
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy M

i also had same problem and enquired with friends also...Samsung gave worst end performance of batter life in case of m31 and this making me to quit this brand for not even giving backup like a 4000 mah lcd pannel do

0 Likes
199alok
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
yes you are right brother i also have m31 from 8 june ,
my phone not give battery backup of atleast 24 hrs .
i think it was easy to replace through amazon but amazon not accepting replace ,i call amazon 5 times for same issue every new tips and trick given by them .
if this battery issue was fixed by security updates then pls samsung atleast tell us ,i am very tensed.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Hope your issue got resolved. If issue still persist then kindly follow the below given step:-

- Battery optimization:- Settings > Select Device Maintenance/Device Care>Optimize>Optimize all options like Battery, Storage and Memory

For more information on battery drainage please click on the link below:-
http://www.samsung.com/in/support/skp/faq/1101689

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question). Kindly send us the screenshot (which apps are consuming most of the battery).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
199alok
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
yes you are right brother i also have m31 from 8 june ,
my phone not give battery backup of atleast 24 hrs .
i think it was easy to replace through amazon but amazon not accepting replace ,i call amazon 5 times for same issue every new tips and trick given by them .
if this battery issue was fixed by security updates then pls samsung atleast tell us ,i am very tensed.
0 Likes
Samsung_XQKS2Yg
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

I was using redmi not 5 battery is 4000

Mobile stay 2 days no need to charge it

But m31 battery should be charged after 11 hours

Even not heavy use

0 Likes
jayamadmin
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
my m31 not getting 2 day battery life without use
0 Likes
Galaxy M
I understand your concern bro, because even i use the same phone i have also noticed the same thing. but dont worry thats not the problem of battery but the processor instead.The Xynos 9611 is not as energy efficient as the snapdragon ones. another reason is that the phone runs on "One UI 2 core"and not "one UI".The RAM managment of one ui core is also not so good so the apps keep eating battery in background.So all these contribute to a little reduced battery life.But dispite of all these, the phones battery lasts longer than most of the phones available in market in same price segment
0 Likes
Angkan
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
Any appropriate solution?
0 Likes
sammy456
Active Level 2
Galaxy M
I don't know how but it is giving somewhat better battery life. With 100 percent battery, it is now giving about 48 hours of usage with 6 to 7 hours of SOT.
0 Likes