Original topic:

Are there any Official Samsung Galaxy J7 Max (SM-G615F) Custom Roms available?

(Topic created on: 07-09-2021 07:07 PM)
Heheboi
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy J
I have been using Samsung Galaxy J7 Max for a long time and I am tired of the Horrible Samsung experience UI, No Major updates were given after Oreo due to the less powerful processor, Delayed security patch updates, Bloatware, etc. 

Are there any Official custom roms available for this device? Is it possible to Unlock bootloader on this device?

This device is in serious need of custom roms. Please help in comments if possible. 

*Also like the post so it reaches more people.*
8 Comments
Chaman17
Active Level 8
Galaxy J
I think there are custom roms available, like lineage os, resurrection remix etc.
0 Likes
Heheboi
Active Level 3
Galaxy J
Lineage OS only had Samsung galaxy J7 (2015). Also I think Resurrection remix also doesn't have Custom OS for J7 Max.
Chaman17
Active Level 8
Galaxy J
Wait, I have to check xda once. When I used to try custom roms back in the day, I'm pretty sure I saw a thread about custom rom for J7 max. Anyways.
Chaman17
Active Level 8
Galaxy J
Sorry dude, I was wrong. 😅
You're right, it's available for J7 only, officially there isn't any rom available for j7 max(maybe due to the very low end mediatek chipset and/or lazy developers).
But you can root the device through odin, there are videos available on youtube.
0 Likes
Heheboi
Active Level 3
Galaxy J
Does that help me install Custom roms though? Plus rooting will make certain apps like Netflix and banking apps to not work. It makes the device less secure too.
Chaman17
Active Level 8
Galaxy J
Some custom roms installation require the device to be rooted beforehand. It depends. For J7 max, since there are no official roms available, you can try the hit and trial method; meaning if a device having the similar specs has an official custom rom, you can try that on your J7 max (but 90% chance, it would be unsupported).
As for netflix and banking apps, it won't work.
Although, you can sideload netflix from apkmirror websites and make it work, it's just that you won't get updates from the play store.
And yeah, you won't get security patches too.
0 Likes
Chaman17
Active Level 8
Galaxy J
I would suggest not to root samsung, they have pretty secure policies and most of the times, you will face various issues.
Better buy a new device, low budget if you don't do gaming.
You can use J7 max as secondary and perform experimentation😅
Galaxy J

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes