Original topic:

Software update not available | Samsung Galaxy J7 pro

(Topic created on: 10-09-2020 12:10 PM)
Sasikey
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy J
Team,

I'm using the Samsung Galaxy J7 pro (model number SM-J730GM and I don't get the latest software update after 9th March 2020 and I've been using this device for my official purpose (KNOX - WORK PROFILE) now I've been asked to be complaint and up to date to the latest security patch for my organization to meet the standards (For example, if the current month is June 2020 the security patch shouldbe of Dec 2019 at least or above).

Hence the device I'm holding is not compliant.

Kindly help me out to get the latest security patch installed on my device to meet complaint. 

Thanks in advance for your positive revert on this matter...

Cheers!

0 Likes
3 Comments
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Galaxy J
J7 Pro is not even list of quarterly security update.
So only option for you is to sell it and buy other phone which has longer updates like A51, A71.

You can ask Samsung Support via WhatsApp if they are planning to release security update for your device soon.
0 Likes
Sasikey
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy J
Thanks for your response, but your solution is not satisfactory and this is the 3rd phone I'm changing for this reason and i'm not afford to go for a new one when the current one is still using working fine and I've spent 19k for this... all we need is that the new security patch to be pushed on J7 pro.. will this happen in anytime...???
DrPeter
Expert Level 1
Galaxy J
a new update is released for your mobile yesterday.
go and check it
0 Likes