Original topic:

JUST WANTS TO KNOW

(Topic created on: 06-20-2023 03:24 PM)
RαʝҽʂԋKυɱαɾ21
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy F
Why samsung phones are costly despite being made in india? 
#Samsung 
15 Comments
Galaxy F
Parts r still imports in India they assemble it that's all
Galaxy F
yaa bro
0 Likes
SammyUser0036
Active Level 7
Galaxy F
Well most of the components are locally sourced, and when it comes to display, chips, camera lenses and batteries, that's what they import. Same is the case for manufacturing in Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia etc.
Also, India-Korea have a FTA in place, so Korean companies don't pay import duties on stuff that they import from Korea. So that's not driving the price up.
I think the rise in price, which is pretty much exclusive to S series only, is due to its rising hype and demand in India, so even if they're making S series devices in India, they can use this hype to increase prices.
0 Likes
SYxPlayz
Active Level 6
Galaxy F
but that's bad as making device more affordable would help alot.
0 Likes
Galaxy F
Recently yr even m and f series r become costly take example as f54 it cost around 30k same goes for other series too the same configuration other companies gives lesser price despite they don't have FTA with India s series is justify their price but for m and f series like device cost 30k not justified
0 Likes
SammyUser0036
Active Level 7
Galaxy F
Well they give software support for even 10K phones for 4 years, other companies just sell and forget. When you have so many models distributed across various price segments for which you have to provide software support for so long, that will drive the price up a bit for all phones.
Coming to F54, I think that's a pretty good device. Exynos 1380 is almost as good as Dimensity 1080. You also have to take into account it's display quality, camera quality and software quality. Other OEMs provide better hardware at the cost of everything else to bring the price down.
That's the reason why people buy Samsung phones even if they aren't as good as competition in terms of performance, as the software support and cameras are simply better. Their customer service is pretty good too for the most part, which again, lacks in most OEMs.
0 Likes
SYxPlayz
Active Level 6
Galaxy F
Yeah
0 Likes
SammyUser0036
Active Level 7
Galaxy F
From S23 lineup onwards you can say that to some extent, but otherwise pretty much every Samsung device launches at roughly around the same price as it's available at internationally, and Samsung has been doing this for all of its models even before they made majority of their phones sold in India, in India itself, as they didn't transfer the import duties to customer, rather to themselves. I know this because I still remember the launch of Galaxy Note 8 in India and was both shocked and delighted at the same time that its launch price here was exactly the same as it was in US, despite it being made somewhere else.
0 Likes
SYxPlayz
Active Level 6
Galaxy F
but samsung has exynos at least for me in Indian version of s21fe which I hate as it decrease battery life.
0 Likes