Original topic:

software update error

(Topic created on: 02-19-2021 11:23 PM)
Krishna0512
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
When I hit the check for Software update button, it displays Network or server error. From last 5 days I am facing this. Unable to check if there is any new update. Any one has info in regards to this?
18 Comments
Galaxy A
Check network connection or try wifi
0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
once go to settings >general Management >reset >reset network, restart your device then try
and which device you have?
SillyRat
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
hi buddy, hope you are doing good...
I had a question should I update my a51 with smartswitch or normally with wifi through the phone itself?
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

hi dear, how are you ☺😊
see if you used of smart switch with enough data then go for it no issue and by data or wifi also no issue dear, i always update my phone through mobile data
so no worry regarding the way of updating
SillyRat
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
I am good man!!! ya I have decided to update through smart switch... thanks...
and hope you stay healthy 🙏
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
thanks dear, really i feel good to see you after long time
i wish same for you dear😊🤝🤝🤝🤝🤝🤝
SillyRat
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
thanks bro, ✌ ☮
Galaxy A

Hello, may I ask how you updated your OS through SmartSwitch? I did not even have SmartSwitch installed on my phone (I probably uninstalled it when I got the phone lol not sure). I have not been able to update my phones OS since I got the phone: "Unable to Update the software. A network or server error occurred. Try again later."
I tried resetting network connections, over data instead of wifi, turning wifi off and on, nothing works. I also have not been able to update it since I downloaded SmartSwitch onto my phone, still always getting the error message of "Unable to Update the software. A network or server error occurred. Try again later."
I have a Samsung Galaxy A51 (not 5g) and it is an unlocked phone.

Hope you see this and I hope you have a great day! :)

0 Likes
Krishna0512
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
mine is A71, but network reset also not working