Original topic:

samsung a50 flashlight not working and charging issues since last update

(Topic created on: 07-06-2020 04:01 AM)
drvishvesh
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy A

- The flashlight doesn't work anymore unless the phone is plugged and charging, what a weird bug!. If I try to turn on the flashlight without the charger plugged in, it simply doesn't turn on (Google Assistant can't turn it on either). The camera seems to be able to turn on the LED flash but it's completely bugged out, the flash keeps turning on and off and sometimes even stays on after leaving the camera (phone unplugged from the charger).
- The phone keeps throwing error messages telling me to "check the cable connection" when it's plugged in.
- The phone also takes more than 10 seconds to detect the charger (and keeps saying it's charging more than 15 seconds after unplugging the charger).
- The fast charging toggle on the Device CareBattery Settings simply does not work, the phone will keep using fast charging even if the toggle is set to disable.
- If I turn off the phone, it keeps showing a battery with an exclamation mark and It's hard to get it to turn on, I have to find the right timining after the battery icon disappears to turn it on.
Any solutions on this issue as i cannot bear factory reset right now .
27 Comments
Galaxy A
ya bro it's weird update
ArshYadav
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
me also facing the same issues...phone very much slow now...take almost 10 sec to detect the charger
flashlight not working
fast charging not working although its enabled.
If i turn off the phone and press the power button ... it shows charging sign and phone not starting..i tried several times than able to start the phone.
vinayak655
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
me also facing the same issues...phone very much slow now...take almost 10 sec to detect the charger
flashlight not working
fast charging not working although its enabled.
If i turn off the phone and press the power button ... it shows charging sign and phone not starting..i tried several times than able to start the phone
0 Likes
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please perform the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

1. Clear camera application data.
Settings >Apps >Camera >Storage >Clear Data.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
drvishvesh
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A
done with that but still not working
0 Likes
Mnfisch
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I tried this but it doesn't work.

0 Likes
NVDVR
Active Level 3
Galaxy A

And again. 3rd post, same issue, months apart. You must feel good about your stupid copy pastes, right?

DrVishveshn
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
had updated to july 2020 version still issues not resolved then what is the meaning of software update and when phone is under warranty ??
0 Likes
ArshYadav
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
i have totally same issues like you
Cc just sending link and copy paste same msg again and again..no help

i visited centre and they are asking fir Rs 2000... why 2000 when its software bug.

worst update..no support...real cheat