Yesterday A71 in India got UI 3.1 update. It's too early for final conclusion but after using it for some odd 16 hours I am sharing my initial impressions.
So without wasting any time further let's dive into it.
But hold on a second, did you know that I got happy hour discount of 25% on labour charge? 😘😘😘
What is improved?
1. Camera performance is improved.
2. UI performance is vastly improved. No delay in app opening. Samsung took too long to improve it. I am thinking to not update further so that it doesn't break.
3. Samsung Messages improved. Added recycle bin.
4. Gallery improved. I am happy that Samsung by default overwrite original image as it is default behavior universally. I am not a editor of image on mobile so I am not sure what's removed. But all the options I use are there.
4. Samsung keyboard improved. I switched back to Samsung from Gboard.
5. Music widget is improved. It looks better now.
6. Call background is added in dialer. And I kinda like it. Better than default boring background.
7. Home Up and Keys Cafe added in Good Lock. After almost an year.
8. Lock Star is improved. 4 new layouts added for lock screen shortcuts. You can edit landscape Lock screen layout now.
9. Initially I didn't like notification panel change. But now I think it's changed for good. Now you don't need to swipe down twice.
10. Battery backup and charging time is not degraded. I got overnight drain of 5% last night and got 5 hours SOT in 58% battery which includes initial heavy usage of initial setup as I flashed firmware.
11. Bixby routine is improved. New conditions added for routines. Now we can add full charging or partial charging notification by playing music.
12. Settings menu improved.
What is not improved?
1. No new feature added in Camera. Additionally no improvement in the picture quality. Even switch camera while recording is not added which was advertised earlier.
2. Notification panel aka quick panel background can be improved.
3. Even when I switch off multi language text prediction, it suggests me hindi words when I type in hinglish. Drawback is when I type in hinglish in hindi language I need to select hindi words.
4. Lock Star layout doesn't work out of the box. Music widget overlaps with notifications. You need to adjust the layout after installing.
Ending Note: I will update this post as soon as I find something new or bad.
Device became superfast. I also monitoring the Battery performance, it's almost above 1 day since last full charge still juice remaining (35%). I am a moderate user btw