Original topic:

Proximity sensor issue in a30s

(Topic created on: 01-25-2022 02:16 PM)
ARJUNB
Expert Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
My father has a Samsung a30s updated with Android 11 one ui 3.0 or 1 I have to see anyways. The thing is about the problem he is facing is when ever you call or recieve and you are taking to that person now when you remove the phone from your chick's, ears the screen is still black,  you have either press volume button or power button for the light to come back even double tap is not working on this. What is the issue can anyone through some light
I crossed checked at the proximity censors are working but this issue is coming. 
4 Comments
BVikram
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
What I understand here is, you phone has a virtual proximity sensor, and it's common for it, as it's dependent upon on screen contact. If it has dedicated hardware sensor then it's a sensor issue. Not sure A30s has dedicated sensor or virtual
0 Likes
alamayaan234
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
I think the proximity sensor is giving issue to check this dial *#77692# in your phone dialer this will take u to the proximity sensor checking.

Now place ur hand where the sensor is located if the screen vibrates and turns green as long ur hand in above it it means its working fine.If it do doesn't vibrates and turns green it means there's some issue.

And for the double tap screen awake option go to the settings and enable it as per my knowledge I think double tap to wake screen option is there in A30s.Plz mark my answer as a solution if it helped u.
0 Likes
ARJUNB
Expert Level 2
Galaxy A
Dude I have already crossed check this. What ever u have written here.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurring.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support  

0 Likes