Original topic:

Lagging after android 11 ui 3.1 update

(Topic created on: 08-14-2021 07:02 PM)
Joshyoun
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

My Samsung galaxy a10s is lagging after updating to Android 11 and UI 3.1, i can't do anything smooth, even when am typing right now its lagging.

Please update the software 🙏😢

10 Comments
Edwin7878
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Bro
Clear wipe Cache partition from recovery mode ..
Go to safe mode ...

The best way is to factory reset the device .. If u can then do factory reset before that backup ur data and also move images video to sdcard etc...

If u can't then clear wipe partition
0 Likes
iceman21
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

It's the ui itself that makes the phone lagg mine (SMA10S) android 11 , the One ui home that runs the homepage takes  approximately 575 mb exclude the other system apps like samsung keyboard and other added apps that they put on the update and my phone only have 2GB of RAM you can look it up by enabling developer option > running apps ,now i only have 345 mb left of RAM that can't even run two apps at the same time. i miss the android 9 it runs smooth and have approximately 900mb of RAM before this 

0 Likes
Edwin7878
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Bro it's right
As ur phone is 2 quite old
It's better to factory reset the phone
0 Likes
Ingeniously_dumb
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Lol, the same thing happened to me, and we have the same phone, what should we do? Is downgrading the best option for this??

0 Likes
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologize for your inconvenience. To resolve your device hanging issue please visit this link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/how-to-restart-the-device-when-freezed-or-hanged/

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Pixel13
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Tried everything from the simple phone restart to Factory resetting my phone...

The Android 11 update consumes too much RAM by itself (im at 300mb free ram even just using a browser) that it causes my twitter to crash which does not even happen once before the update and a constant 5 to 40 second freezing to every action I take in a game which greatly affects my schedule, studies and my mental capacity to throw the phone at a nearby concrete solid wall

We need an UI downgrade option while you solve this massive issue. We cannot bear the massive decrease in performance in exchange for a fancy looking UI

asifhosen
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
My notifications panel is so laggy after one ui 3.1 update i can't do anything smooth..
0 Likes
loiomar
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

yo joshyoun i just did the exact same update and my a10s is lagging.... can u tell me if factory reset helped u or not please 

0 Likes
PPN_Samsung
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I found the solution on this Youtube link.  Worked for me.

0 Likes