Original topic:

Fingerprint sensor calibration needed

(Topic created on: 04-15-2020 05:28 PM)
oliveroli
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
I am facing this issue after update my Samsung galaxy a50s.it say that fingerprint sensor calibration needed.plz help me   

79 Comments
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

- Disable fingerprint settings and register again.
- To register a new fingerprint: Settings >> Biometric and security >> Fingerprints >> Continue > >Set secure screen lock > Start with the center

If issue still persist or for further assistance, kindly register your concern in Samsung members app (Samsung Member > Get help > send feedback > Ask question/Error report)

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

masud2kr
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
nothin happen.and wheneve try to add finger they show Fingerprint sensor calibration needed
HISQUEEN007
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A
same with me
iqraaaaaaaa
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

sameeeee...plz hekp anyone

VokerGod
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

yeah same to me 

Mgr2914
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Same problem  I have faced in my a70

sepehrsalsabili
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

When you want to release an official answer please let someone that at least had hold a Samsung phone do it... 

this is my 6 7th Samsung phone but after this stupid answer, I will never buy a Samsung 

you can not disable fingerprint without entering the fingerprint menu thus step one is written by someone that had never used a Samsung phone all users know this...

minato_senko
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Well none of these work.I got this issue out of no where (after a restart) last night i was pretty much screwed since i couldn't access whatsapp.

Thanks to some brilliant Samsung engineering you can't check/edit older finger prints without using the existing fingerprint.To simply put any attempts to disable are met with this "calibration needed error".
*#0*# finger print testing comes out as flash test fail. (idk what it's supposed to be but if it was supposed to be like that it wouldn't test and show failed)

The only way i was manged to disable the finger print was by through the screen lock type (Lock Screen-> Screen lock type).I'm pretty sure i payed for the life time use of the fingerprint scanner not some kind of a semi annual subscription.And to top that we don't have any Samsung centres where i live (I brought this while i was in Israel).

After digging around the internet i found that i was easily fixable by using your gspn samsung diagnostic tool (check YouTube ) without resetting the phone but we mere mortal consumers can't access that now can we ? I couldn't find any way to get support from you guys (why?cz i don't use social media) or to sign up or request a gspn account.(Sony has a option where anyone can request for that sorta stuff.) 

And yes i tried resting the phone using smart switch which didn't do nothing.

The only way i manged t get it fixed was by flashing a stock os with a different csc. Some had reported that flashing android 9 firmware works as well. Maybe look into that.Now it the senser works but the flash test says N/A. (For several hours after flashing it said fail but upon checking now,it says N/A).And now it does allow you to to remove fingerprints from biometrics and security -> fingerprints by using the pin.

Ps - I've been repairing phones (nothing hardware or chip level) as side business and i would very much like to get my hands on that Samsung diagnostic tool (I can always flash a firmware but i would prefer to fix stuff while keeping the user/customer data intact wherever possible to save them the hassle of starting things from scratch if nothing else)or if and how i can get a gspn account as a small repair guy.

ilia05
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

we can't even enter fingerprints menu to disable it. have you ever worked with a samsung mobile? im not gonna by any samsung device next time