Original topic:

Fingerprint bug Samsung A51

(Topic created on: 05-22-2021 01:07 PM)
MD75
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

Hello, Yesterday I received my new phone, a Samsung A5, then I tried to put my fingerprint on it but it doesn't work, it stays at 0 percent and it says "Your fingers must completely cover the sensor ". I asked several people who have big fingers but still nothing.
I'd like to know if it's a build issue or just a bug.
Thank you in advance 😄

8 Comments
Galaxy A
If finger print not working I. The 1st day mean it's hardware issue. Product defect. Contact Samsung and get replacement.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Or you can dial *#0*# and check the sensor for finger print working. You will get proper result.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
See below screenshot for the fingerprint sensorScreenshot_20210522-131547_HwModuleTest.png
0 Likes
souravKhan
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Try to register the fingerprint after removing the tempered glass ( if tempered glass is applied )

Usually it happens only when you use a thick tempered glass.
0 Likes
MD75
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I don't use tempered glass but I don't think I will reattach the phone because I already use facial recognition.
But thank you anyway for all your answers 😄

0 Likes
souravKhan
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
So try to register after turning on the Touch Sensitivity.

Settings > Display > turn on Touch Sensitivity
0 Likes
DarkClawX
Expert Level 2
Galaxy A
If your fingerprint sensor is not working, that too one the very first, then my friend, you should contact from wherever you have bought your device and get a replacement. You should not be using a defective model if you've bought is with your money. And at these times, with your mask on, facial recognition won't work, so fingerprint sensor is the best
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurred.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes