Original topic:

Feature Request: System Level in-built Applock on Galaxy A series Phones

(Topic created on: 06-09-2021 06:24 PM)
vip_ulk
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
I have recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy A52 and I was looking to lock apps. I tried using S Secure but unfortunately that is no longer supported on A-Series (doesn't work on my A52 at least) Smartphones. Plus, that app hasn't been updated by Samsung for years and has become outdated (It also has some security flaws as I tested it on M31 and M21). I used to use samsung when I was a teenager and back then my first phone was a Samsung Neo. 
Anyways, I switched to Samsung again from Asus 5z but I have come to find out that Samsung Galaxy A series phones don't come with any Applock functionality. Now, I know many would be suggesting me about the Secure Folder option for maybe use third party softwares but here are my points:

1. Secure Folder isn't really an Applock. It is more like a secured space where in you can keep your files and apps to access it with a single PIN. Secure Folder doesn't hide the contents of the apps opened inside it. 

2. Third party apps (I have tried everything available on Google Play Store and Galaxy Store) are unstable and do not start up as soon as the phone is restarted thus giving a time gap for security incidents. Furthermore, Third party apps also cannot mask contents of the apps locked by them instead they lock the whole recent apps menu (Some of them can't even do that).

3. An Applock is a great functionality that needs to be there in premium devices like Samsung's A-Series smartphones.

Let me know about your opinions down in the comments.😃
8 Comments
Bhole_Shankar
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
S secure is working fine in my galaxy a51.
0 Likes
vip_ulk
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I am talking about A52. Furthermore, S Secure has security flaws.
0 Likes
DarkClawX
Expert Level 2
Galaxy A
True brother...
someone2805
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Agreed
animeshmodi
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Provide feedback to samsung developers via feedback section(ask questions section), they need a minimum no. Of feedback from individual users (respect to no. of sales of device across all platforms), to add a premium feature. To provide feedback in samsung members app, Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Ask questions. If you want quicker action, write on every channel, whatsapp, samsung members app - ask question and error report, ceo escalation desk, service head desk, call toll free no. , support email of samsung, youtube, samsung content help( google it),samsung live chat,twitter, instagram,facebook,linkedin,etc.
vip_ulk
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Can we ask samsung to include this with their Android 12, One UI 4.0 update? System level applock should exist. Like cmmon Samsung...don't just start copying Apple and iOS in every possible way. Please🙏🏻
0 Likes
Ionisedatom
Active Level 6
Galaxy A

Why not raise a suggestion/ request/ complaint on change.org

0 Likes
vip_ulk
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Nice idea but would it be better than flooding Samsung's own forum with it? I mean every company would mine their own forums first for suggestions/complaints and feedback I guess.
0 Likes