Original topic:

Batter draining

(Topic created on: 09-24-2023 04:24 PM)
RageshShah
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
My phone Samsung A54 5g drains more than expected. I fully charge it iin the morning around 8.00 a.m. and by 9.00 p.m. the battery life remains around 10%. Not even full 24 hours is being utilised.
11 Comments
_007
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A

Try some battery saving tweaks in it.

0 Likes
RageshShah
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Tries many. But in vain.
0 Likes
Prasad0507
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Do not charge over 95% in battery
RageshShah
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I have the option to restrict at 85% but not for 95%. Will try it. As per the experience it will not solve but let me give a try.
0 Likes
Starbug
Expert Level 2
Galaxy A
Check if any background apps are running
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

As per your concern, we would request you to kindly perform the following steps to resolve your issue.

Charge in one go instead of charging many times as it affects the life span of the battery and battery performance

Perform Battery Optimization

Battery optimization helps you to boost the battery performance of your device. To check battery optimization:
Settings > Select Device Maintenance/Device Care/Battery and device care > Optimize > Optimize all options like Battery, Storage, and Memory

Turn off Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, etc.
Turn off unused functions like Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, and location settings when not using them: On the home screen swipe down the notification panel > Turn off Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, and other connectivity features when not using them.

Check device network fluctuation

Kindly check whether the mobile network fluctuates frequently or if the network signal is low in your area. In both cases, the battery will drain considerably fast.
Recommendation: We recommend you avoid using it in areas with low network/fluctuation.

Reduce display brightness level

Kindly set the device display brightness in auto mode (If available).

Adjust screen timeout settings: Settings > Display > Screen timeout > Select minimum screen timeout.

Check and update the App: Kindly check which application or interface is using more battery from device care. And try to update the app or avoid using that app.

Close background running apps
Close all the background running apps when not using them,

Turn off auto sync of e-mails, app data, etc.
We request you turn off the auto sync option, it will stop the synchronization of the device with the server & reduce the battery drainage.
The steps to turn off auto sync are:
1. Swipe down on the home screen to open the notification panel.
2. Turn off the auto sync option.
Check your device in safe mode: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/safe-mode-on-samsung-phones/

Update the software if available: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-galaxy-smartphone-how-to-update-software/

Reset your device: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-galaxy-mobile-how-to-perform-a-factory-res...

In case the issue still occurs. Please visit the service center for a physical inspection of your device. You can locate your nearest service center with this given link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/service-center/

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
RageshShah
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
If i have to do all these things that what is the purpose of buying this premium phone? You want me to disable everything and then understand that battery is not drained?
0 Likes
RageshShah
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I have to stop all the features like GPS, Bluetooth, etc. I have to stop auto sync. I have to ensure that there is no background apps running. Without background apps, how i will get the auto notifications. If my email application is running under background it is required.
0 Likes
RageshShah
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I am having a feel that 5g network consumption is draining the battery. But if that is true then also it is a problem. The phone is 5g complied. It means all the care like battery Utilization is already taken care.
0 Likes