Original topic:

Community Content - Feedback Request

(Topic created on: 06-29-2020 11:55 AM)
Avinav
Active Level 7
Options
Community Guidelines

Hello Members

Want to request you all to take 2 mins to read below and share your view-point on a few things. 

As part of a campaign to encourage our Members community to share their hobbies and passions, we have asked BAs to start the conversation by sharing their own hobbies, passions and other non-tech topics. 

Some active users have expressed that they feel this content is not relevant. This in OK, as long as the discussion remains civil. Many users have participated in this discussion properly.

But out of these, some (like darkvarder1) have taken things too far (example of a comment below)

Avinav_0-1593408779523.png

• Users like this take every opportunity to blame Moderators when they get banned. But they are openly threatening other users who are completely minding their own business.
  • They feel that communicating via memes is an effective mode of giving feedback, where many users and BAs are actively using the feedback section, sending error logs and participating in Beta programs. 
  • They keep inciting others to fight with them on other channels like twitter and discord.

Do users like this represent you and your attitude towards your fellow Members?

Want to take your opinion on below 3 things - 

1. Should users like this be entertained, or be removed with zero tolerance towards violent threats?

2. Do you mind the occasional off-topic threads on the Members community? 

3. Do these threads make it difficult for you to find other relevant content? If yes, Would you prefer if there was a different sub-forum for such off-topic threads?

Thank you in advance for your valuable feedback! 

113 Comments
Community Guidelines
1. i think there should be zero tolerance policy for such user who're openly threatening Community Managers, BAs and fellow members as these kind of comments are spreading negativity on the Platform.

2. Occasionally off topic can be okay if it's in Posted in "Other's thread" but the topics should maintain dignity, respect not some negative post or spam post. In pandemic like these we all need some way or another to participate have fun and have a good conversation about Movies, Songs, etc. apart from tech.

3. If the users don't filter the thread, then it's difficult to find some specific content. A sub-forum will be highly appreciated for such off-topic.
AMPK
Expert Level 3
Community Guidelines
1.Members of the community should follow basic norms any thing beyond this should be stopped.
2.off topic threads on knowledge based is acceptable.
3. All threads on technology of mobile and allied subjects are welcome. increase sub forum for mobile problems, industry news, contest, launches....
Community Guidelines
First of all thank you Avinav for taking out this much needed topic,

1. I've no grudge with any user in the community.
But these violent threats and abusive threads and its creators should be removed with zero tolerance.

I've my family members too on this platform and when they see these kind of posts they simply question me for these.
And I've got no answer for the deeds of other people.

2. Off topic threads on Members community is really helpful in engagement of people.

For example, on one of my post a member asked me about Video Enhancer in Galaxy Devices.
He might never knew about this feature until he saw my post.
So definitely the off topic threads are helpful.

3. In my opinion there is already a sub-forum "Others" in members app for these stuff.
But I'll suggest that the content present in Others Forum should not appear in the "All" forum.
That's the main reason why some community members are facing problem in finding the relevant content.
The content posted in Others should remain in that only.

Rest of the content may appear in All section, including Note, S, M, A, Bixby, Wearables, etc,.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Community Guidelines

first of all, thank you for mentioning me

please make a different forum  for the  BA league I know you have targeted me but there are more users who are fed up with this kind of BA league but they are always afraid to talk please make some good place  delete the  spammers like occult and moreover the  BA league spams are causing  the problem, at least make some better and create another forum for the BA so that they can share their experience and everything you guys want, or else users will leave the forum, instead of deleting spams all i want to solve the problem but these BA level league causing the problem and now you tell me not share the discord links, I will stop sharing it if you are willing to hear me out, 

1 there are  users like who always like to share something about the occult delete them immediately on the spot rather waiting for mass reporting

2 you created the contest forum right then allow the BA league over there i have no reason to fight with the BA group they are ok But their post and content  are causing too many spams and forcing users to leave the forum and most of them are afraid to raise the voice due to banning I blame you guys because you guys allow spamming in the name of the contest, task and BA league 

3 please make the forum only for BA to share their experience over there at least I would able to see the problem and make the correction and also able to solve   the problems 

I have no reason fight with you guys if you guys do the right thing according to the point then I will shut my mouth, i you are willing to hear then i will also take action under my account are you ready 

1 make a separate forum for the BA  to share their experience

2 spammer like sharing about the occult should be deleted immediately without waiting for the mas reporting 

3 slangs and bad languages should be deleted with instance   

Avinav
Active Level 7
Community Guidelines

Other users can comment on their own. You do not represent anyone, just share your own opinion. 

Also, you have completely ignored my point about your unacceptable behavior, comments and attitude. You can say you don't want to fight, but you regularly challenge people (including me) to argue with you on various channels. I think you owe the community (specially BAs) an apology. 

I hope you interact with them in a civil way, and learn how to actually give feedback to the brand, so that it makes a difference. 

As for these points, will wait for more people on their community to share their PoVs. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Community Guidelines

yes i know and completely accountable for the actions but since you would have listened then the case couldn't  get worse 

Avinav
Active Level 7
Community Guidelines

Not listening to you is no reason to threaten users. Don't pretend like your actions were forced because you were provoked. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Community Guidelines
sir I respect you

sir I noticed that some members "Users" looses their all posts that's why they are angry
if you want to remove posts
just warn, ask and tell him or her
for example
(example "this post contains some bad words, illegal, spam, and stop this otherwise your posts Will removed")

I'm so sorry sir
and
I respect you sir
I hope you understand

what do you think please replay

0 Likes
Community Guidelines
1. Zero tolerance policy must be taken towards such users and such activity.

2. I don't mind to see some occasional off topic threads in community, as it ease up the mood. But occasionally only.

3. For me it won't affect much because all such content are only posted in "others" and I choose filter to unsee it when needed.
But according to my opinion we have to think about other users too and make a seperate sub-forum for all such off-topic threads.