Original topic:

Tutorial for Connecting JioEveryWhereConnect to Samsung Galaxy Watch/Watch 3/Active Watch 2

(Topic created on: 05-25-2021 04:04 PM)
imabhijithp
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
So its the time to share the tutorial of connecting Samsung Galaxy Watches LTE mode to Xiaomi/Redmi phones (applicable to whoever using custom skin android like MIUI, OneUI, Colors OS etc). We searched alot of youtube videos and forums about this and not even get a single solution. So we don't wanna see other users suffering about the same issue. Connect & Enjoy :)
First we tried to connect the Samsung Galaxy Active Watch 2 LTE with Redmi K20 Pro. But after all setup the wearable app is stuck at preparing page (image below)
 WhatsApp Image 2021-05-25 at 3.32.14 PM(1).jpeg

We contacted Samsung about the issue and they said contact network provider. Then we contacted Jio Customer Care and didn't get a solution. So finally we solved the issue by our own testing and findings.
The problem is custom skinned android devices like MIUI is blocking the Jio Everywhere Connect login page opening through Samsung Wearable App.
Solution #1 : If you have any spare phone with stock android OS then connect the watch to the spare phone and setup your watch (NOTE : You need a Jio ID & Password to login the page, If you are a new user to jio I will tell you how to get a Jio ID and Password in the post below). After login the Jio Everywhere page click the tick mark and proceed. Now you will get a message like "We have successfully activated JioEverywhereConnect on your smartwatch for Jio Number XXXXXXXXX..." . Then close the wearable app and start again the same procedure.Open wearable app and setup mobile data, after preparing, now you can see a page "Use Jio 4G as your plan (image below) and then follow, Now you can successfully connected your Samsung Galaxy watch to Jio. Now take a backup of your watch data to samsung cloud using wearable app and connect your watch to your redmi phone. Now login with samsung cloud and restore your watch backup. Now you can use your Jio with Active Watch on redmi phones without any problem.
 WhatsApp Image 2021-05-25 at 3.32.14 PM(2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-25 at 3.32.14 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-25 at 3.38.50 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-25 at 3.38.17 PM(1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-05-25 at 3.32.14 PM(3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-25 at 3.32.14 PM(4).jpeg
 WhatsApp Image 2021-05-25 at 3.32.14 PM(5).jpeg

Solution #2: If you have an Airtel sim, Insert airtel sim to slot 1 and activate it with wearable app. After connecting remove the airtel sim from slot 1 and put your jio sim card! Now you can setup this problem without any problem. ( NOTE: We didn't tried this personally but we got this information from Jio Technical Team)
Solution #3: If you are an android nerd you can use any custom stock roms like Pixel Experience, Evo X or anything you would like and setup up your watch with normal procedure and you can connect without any problems.
 WhatsApp Image 2021-05-25 at 3.32.14 PM(6).jpeg

Creating JIO User ID & Password: This password feature is currently not available in any of the Jio Apps or Websites now. So the solution is to install 2019 year's last Jio TV build app (available on google). And after installing signup with your number and create password. Your Jio ID is your number or mail. Now sign up with these credentials to login to JioEveryWhere Connect.
Devices we used : Samsung Galaxy Active Watch 2 LTE, Redmi K20 Pro, Nokia Android Device.
We contacted Jio Technical Team and they said they will work with xiaomi to fix this issue as soon as possible and will update the instruction on their website and twitter.
If you have any queries please contact me through twitter @imabhijithp or @abhiabhi2306
Thank You :)
12 Comments
Wearables
Did the same post for Airtel users for Non Samsung phones earlier in this month, u can see in my posts. I think now with ur post both Jio and Airtel LTE connections are covered in this forum. Great to see.
imabhijithp
Active Level 1
Wearables

Thanks mate, happy to see the airtel setup! Hope this will be helpful for newbies :)

0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Wearables

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate the time and effort you have spent to share your valuable comments.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

imabhijithp
Active Level 1
Wearables

Thank you :)

0 Likes
Samsung_ExGcDEg
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Model number
SM-G990E
SM-R885F

Watch EID

Galaxy Wearable version

Software version
R885FXXU1EVA8

Error

0 Likes
imabhijithp
Active Level 1
Wearables

Fixed? 

0 Likes
Members_6GmynBA
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Thanks a lot. It worked for my galaxy watch 4. I am jio user with lg phone. When i was trying to load mobile plan it was stuck. I did as u described using a samsung phone . backed it up and restored watch on lg. Worked well. Thanks

0 Likes
imabhijithp
Active Level 1
Wearables

Yours welcome 🙂

0 Likes
swapnilprj
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

I was also facing this issue with Galaxy Watch 5 LTE & Oneplus 9 Pro. It seems enabling the permission "Draw over other apps" for Galaxy Watch5 Manager and Galaxy Wearable app resolved this for me.