Original topic:

Best Activity Mode for HIIT on Galaxy Watch Active 2

(Topic created on: 01-14-2021 03:22 AM)
chriskarageorge85
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables

Hello!

I've tried emailing Samsung Australia with my question but the webform won't let me select a product subtype or model and cannot proceed.

I have a Galaxy Watch Active 2, Bluetooth 44mm. 

My GWA2 and I have been having a great time lately, we get along, plenty of conversation, very active and we even go to bed together.

3-4 times a week we workout together and the class I do is Barre, it's a combination of weights, ballet, cardio, lunges, push-ups, pull ups, curls, and HIIT. I have been using the Other Workout option to record this but I have found that some people find this option not to be that accurate when it comes to recording an intense workout.

There aren't any breaks in the 45 minute classes so selecting multiple workouts on my GWA2 isn't practical.

Does you have a suggestion regarding the activity option I select?

Thank you in advance!

16 Comments
Wearables

Hey guys, we have just released a HIIT Interval Timer for the Galaxy Watch Active 2.  Essentially, it's a work rest timer for Galaxy Watches Active, Active 2, Gear S3 and above.  

It's called just that in the Samsung Store: HIIT Interval Timer.

Fyi, here is the link:

http://apps.samsung.com/gear/appDetail.as?appId=5rdysyEgWe

It will allow you to set number of rounds or sets, work time and rest time. Please let me know if you have any issues.

--

I'm trying to figure out how to include a link, but I'd you search HIIT Interval Timer from your watch it should appear.

0 Likes
Sharon28
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Thanks but I go to a HIIT class where the timings are already set up. I just want to be able to actually track it.

Mdmiller105
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Same, I would like to know my calorie burn etc. Circuit training isn't getting it! Come on Samsung !

0 Likes
equsnarnd
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

I do a Sprint HIIT program on a Treadmill.
I select the program, select the level, enter my weight and hit go.
The treadmill starts with a 2.5 minute warmup at 2.5mph.
Then at about 2:46 it ramps up and starts the 30 second run at 7.4mph.
At the completion of the 30 seconds it ramps down and stars a 90 second recovery.
This repeats 7 more times for a total of 8 segments..
After each 2 segments the mph goes up by 0.2mph.
At the end of the last segment it ramps down to a
2mph cool down for 1.5 minutes.

How would I use the Galaxy Watch Active 2 to track this?

0 Likes
Dicat
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

How do you choose aerobics on that watch?! I cannot figure out how to pick that for my workout. I only see it listed in the health app, no where on the watch. Help! :))

CharmCityChica
Beginner Level 4
Wearables

Hey Samsung!

Can you please add a HIIT option like Apple?

Thanks!

0 Likes
EmilyH91
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Hey samsung, 

Hiit needs to be an option, I have been using other workout and like the other comments in this thread I don't believe it gives an accurate reading for the intensity. 

My daily walks appear to be burning more energy than my hiit workout...! 

Pleaseeee sort this!