Original topic:

Best Activity Mode for HIIT on Galaxy Watch Active 2

(Topic created on: 02-01-2020 10:32 AM)
chriskarageorge85
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables

Hello!

I've tried emailing Samsung Australia with my question but the webform won't let me select a product subtype or model and cannot proceed.

I have a Galaxy Watch Active 2, Bluetooth 44mm. 

My GWA2 and I have been having a great time lately, we get along, plenty of conversation, very active and we even go to bed together.

3-4 times a week we workout together and the class I do is Barre, it's a combination of weights, ballet, cardio, lunges, push-ups, pull ups, curls, and HIIT. I have been using the Other Workout option to record this but I have found that some people find this option not to be that accurate when it comes to recording an intense workout.

There aren't any breaks in the 45 minute classes so selecting multiple workouts on my GWA2 isn't practical.

Does you have a suggestion regarding the activity option I select?

Thank you in advance!

16 Comments
tkco
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

I have the same question...I do workouts by Beachbody, I believe they are HIIT. The last few days I've used the native fitness app and selected "circuit training" but would prefer a tracker for HIIT.

Scotia
Beginner Level 3
Wearables

I've also been working out with Beachbody, doing HIIT workouts (80 day obsession) and would love to know! I usually select circuit but I know its not accurate. It would be really great if there was a native way to measure this but honestly any sort of solution would be great so I have a better idea of what calories have been burned.

yyells
Beginner Level 4
Wearables

I have also been sad it's not accurate for my group HIIT workouts... I'm planning to try maybe choosing "running" or "cycling" today at the practice in order to get a proper kcal etc. measurement but that's not ideal. Help SAMSUNG!!

Scobie
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

I've been using "other workout" and setting it to "vigorous". I think it's the closest thing you'll find until they actually make a HIIT workout available for the watch.

MistyM
Beginner Level 3
Wearables

This is a great option!  I can't seem to find where to change the intensity level, do you remember by chance?  TIA

0 Likes
Rachyt
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

How did you manage to change this to vigorous please? I've done it in the past but uts somehow reverted back and I can't for the life of me remember how I did it now!

0 Likes
Jaggi67
Beginner Level 3
Wearables
I too have a similar issue and I've been working with "other" workouts, not just for HIIT but also when we do a circuit training without breaks.
Wearables
I also would really appreciate this option, perhaps even with an intensity factor option attached to it like some of the other workout types have (if you manually input a yoga session for example you get 3 intensity level options.)

Sort it out samsung! HIIT, tabata, etc. are extremely popular these days and we need some relevant in app options!
Wearables
I've been going with circuit training but I think I'll be logging them as aerobics for now as I think circuit training is giving too little calories for what I'm doing