Original topic:

Screen Mirroring problem with One UI 3. 0

(Topic created on: 02-08-2021 08:51 AM)
SumexP
Active Level 6
Options
Tech Talk
I'm having Sony Android Smart TV, on one UI 2.. version smart view was working ok. 
On Beta as well as stable one UI3. 0, my smart view is not working. 
Also tried with keeping all power save mode off 
Is anyone is facing same problem or having solution
15 Comments
Tee87
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk

Hi everybody...i have a solution but its not very straightforward 

U need to have Team win Recovery Project  (twrp) installed

From there u can access the build prop file without root ...

We add the line "wlan.wfd.hdcp=disable"

and save it...and problem is solved!

Wat I did is ...I made a copy of the "build prop" file while in twrp and saved it elsewhere 

I rebooted  my phone (S10 running android 11) 

Then I edited the build prop file I saved elsewhere and added the line "wlan.wfd.hdcp=disable" and saved it...

Then I booted back into Twrp recovery mode and deleted the original "build prop" file and moved the edited "build prop" file into system root and  that was it

Rebooted into normal mode ...smart view is working perfectly 

0 Likes
boojay
Beginner Level 5
Tech Talk

Could you share this with XDA or some other major Android website so that it reaches a wider audience? 

0 Likes
VamshiVemula
Beginner Level 4
Tech Talk
Same issue here as well...

Updated my phone with One UI 3.0 yesterday and noticed same issue. Smart View casting to TV removed and it ONLY can be done from Google Home now.

Also, biggest issue is when casting from Google Home, screen display stays ON all the time draining battery 🔋 like hell.

Smart View to TV feature used to turn off the display and save the battery; only when screen is touched display used to turn back on again.

Pretty much basic feature that needs immediate attention. Please look into it ASAP Samsung.
0 Likes
SumexP
Active Level 6
Tech Talk
R U using Android TV model Sony or else
0 Likes
Tullypoo
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk

After spending 1000 euro on my tablet, samsung removes smart view chromecast support. This now makes smart view just more bloatware on my device. You would imagine after spending so much money on a tablet that it would be fully connected but No samsung in its wisdom removed one of the tablets most useful functions. This is a massive step backwards and please don't respond by telling be I can download Google home app and connect that way.  Samsung should allow us delete smart view and make room for the Google home app to do the job it can no longer do ! 

0 Likes
nirmalsabu1
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk

So after being frustrated for an hour I found a solution to this. My LG OLED was not displayed in available devices in smart view after the one ui 3.0 update. Here's what I did -

1. Open settings, go to wifi  and open up wifi direct. Make sure your TV supports wifi direct. I assume it would if it supports miracast or screen share.

2. Select your TV from available options ( make sure wifi direct is on and discoverable from TV settings but don't initiate connection from TV)

When phone connects to TV it automatically starts screen share via smart view.

3. The next you start up smart view or even wireless Dex your non Samsung TV should also be listed in available devices. I dont know why is so convoluted to get to this step in first place with new update.

Hope it helps at least some folks. Worked for me with an LG smart TV running webOS 5.0

0 Likes