Original topic:

Samsung S20 over heating post software update in October 2020

(Topic created on: 10-15-2020 02:56 PM)
NIKS2904
Active Level 1
Options
Tech Talk

Post this new software update in October 2020, I have been seeing that my Samsung S20 Plus over heats very regularly. Is that the reason or do I need to get something else checked please guide.

7 Comments
Parthh10
Active Level 7
Tech Talk
All devices tends to heat a little immediately after software update as the apps are optimizing.. but it should stop heating after 1-2 hrs.. if the issue persists then check your network strength.. enable and disable flight mode once.. also restart your device once..
0 Likes
NIKS2904
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
done all that. also the heating is persistent especially while watching youtube or over even a 20 minute call. this all started only post this upgrade
0 Likes
Samsung_Support3
Options
Tech Talk

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please visit this mentioned link to resolve your device heating issue: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/why-the-device-heats-up-during-use/

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
NIKS2904
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
your suggestions are only to factory reset. why dont you guys instead check issues at your end rather than always suggesting factory reset
0 Likes
Neal01
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
Having the same issue, even few minutes of camera usage overheats the phone.
0 Likes
NIKS2904
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
if you connect to samsung or approach gallery they will simply tell you to do factory reset. after that anyways problem will not be there untill you install the latest update and all your apps. most sick part of Samsung is their irresponsibility and unwillingness to accept their faults
Neal01
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
true 😒
0 Likes