Original topic:

Samsung Pay

(Topic created on: 05-03-2020 11:43 PM)
immi007
Expert Level 5
Options
Tech Talk

Samsung Pay

This is a contact-less simple payment - which is needed most in the times like this where keeping safe distance is important , also being the topic of week for GalaxyTechfluencer,  here is my take on it:

TRY: Using Samsung pay at a Apple Store.....(lol.. just kidding.. you could tho)

Samsung's proprietary mobile payment platform called Samsung pay similar to Android pay(now google pay) from Google and Apple pay from Apple

What are the benefits and what is it like to use Samsung pay

Samsung pay works a lot like other mobile payment platforms out there like Android pay or Apple pay by using NFC but you may have heard that Samsung pay is the most widely accepted form of mobile payment available but why is that well that's because Samsung pay also utilise MST which stands for magnetic secure transmission which essentially mimics the physical swipe of a credit card through magnetic waves which neither Android pay or Apple pay do basically what this means is anywhere you can tap or swipe a credit card you'll be able to use Samsung pay without the store having to upgrade their hardware in order for you to do so it's completely secure through tokenisation which creates a unique identifier for processing the transaction which means you never have to worry about your actual credit card number being compromised in order to use Samsung pay.

Samsung pay is actually pretty simple you start by downloading the Samsung pay (usually provided in phone these days) from the Google Play Store or Galaxy Store

if you don't already have it once downloaded the app will ask you to register for a Samsung account or sign into your existing Samsung account which is required to use the service from here the app will ask you to verify payments with either a pin or your own fingerprint but if you want faster or more secure payments it's best to use your own fingerprint from here you're ready to add your card of choice and you can either register a card by using the phone's camera or enter the info manually you can add up to 10 cards in total and major credit card companies

How Does it Work
Screenshot 2020-05-03 at 10.05.20 PM.png

How to Authenticate Payment
Screenshot 2020-05-03 at 10.05.39 PM.png

Technologies Used(as Mentioned Above)
Screenshot 2020-05-03 at 10.05.54 PM.png

Banks supported (you can see a complete list on Samsung's website)

My Experience with it:
used Samsung Pay  before and the cashier almost argued with me that it wouldn't work.. I kept saying "can I try it?" and he kept saying "its not going to work." Soon as I put the phone up to the terminal.. beep.. and he looked at me and said "everyone has tried it to use their phone and you're the first person that it worked for..." the look on his face was priceless... Thank you Samsung Pay for not allowing me to get played.

Bonus:
You can use Samsung pay mini for UPI payments
Screenshot 2020-05-03 at 10.06.19 PM.png

Compatible Devices with mini: Galaxy A10, Galaxy A20, Galaxy A30, Galaxy A8 Star, Galaxy A9(2018), Galaxy J4, Galaxy J4 Plus, Galaxy J8, Galaxy C7 Pro, Galaxy On7 Prime, Galaxy J7 Nxt, Galaxy J7 Max, Galaxy J7 Prime 2, Galaxy J7 Prime, Galaxy J5 Prime, Galaxy J7 2016, Galaxy J7 2015, Galaxy On Max, Galaxy On8, Galaxy On Nxt, Galaxy On5 2016, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge, Galaxy C9 Pro, Galaxy J7 Duo, Galaxy J2 2018, Galaxy J6, Galaxy A6, Galaxy A6+

Know More At:

https://www.samsung.com/in/samsung-pay/

-Thank You

#GalaxyTechfluencer
7 Comments
Ařpît
Expert Level 2
Tech Talk
Nice Post 🙂 Have a look on mine too...
immi007
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk