Original topic:

S20 Exynos Variant users

(Topic created on: 03-22-2020 01:31 PM)
immi007
Expert Level 5
Options
Tech Talk

S20 Exynos variants

Its 20% slower than Snapdragon one, and the battery life is a joke. And don't get me started with the heat situation.

The issue is that despite being an exynos chip, it is still one of the best android phone available in the market so we don't really have a choice.(i mean there are OnePlus Google Realme Xiaomi Bbk- subsidiaries etc but default flagship android phone that people will see in marketing)

Once in the being of the Exynos were superior than Snapdragon but now times have changed.

Source by using previous Exynos chip.
MrWhosetheBoss channel on YouTube.

Watch this video for full info.

0 Likes
5 Comments
JacksonJolly
Active Level 4
Tech Talk
Have you used the device?
I own a s20 ultra . It's super fast. Exynos can be clocked to surpass snapdragon processors but that's not the point. For major level functionalities exynos does a spendid job. There is no heating issues too. Moreover samsung is selling it in India for 15 k less. Youtubers will bash companies to get subscribers and views. Use the device before believing anybody.
immi007
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
well i mentioned it as "Best Android phone" the price difference comes with compromises .
i just pointed out one compromise which can be eliminated in future phones (S10 lite used it, so it's possible).

using exynos is more like a choice to make more profit for Samsung.

that 15 K difference comes in making phone in India reduces transportation and not including a 5G antenna and support not by only using exynos.

I'm using the device and even Samsung s9 Indian version has Samsung camera sensor instead of Sony's to reduce cost (also exynos instead Snapdragon) and the price difference is 4-5k at the time of launch from Us variant as you mentioned.

0 Likes
GGAUTAM
Active Level 3
Tech Talk
I think you've watched mwitb channel on youtube
immi007
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
yes, i mentioned it. also I'm using exynos Samsung phone.
0 Likes
immi007
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
there is a petition going on to stop selling exynos chip set phones outside US.

https://www.change.org/p/samsung-stop-selling-us-inferior-exynos-phones
0 Likes