Original topic:

Please bring back the headphone jack!

(Topic created on: 11-20-2020 01:37 AM)
ashara-dayne
Active Level 4
Options
Tech Talk
Dear Samsung,

I am a fan of your products, and have owned two smartphones and a tablet in the past. I am very disappointed, therefore, that you decided to remove the headphone jack, which is the most important requirement for me in a smartphone. I need to take lengthy business calls on my phones/tablet both from home and on the go, and I simply CANNOT afford to have Bluetooth headphones running out of battery and dying on me. Wired earphones don't need charging and are easier to maintain and less worrisome. Wireless earbuds/headphones should only be an optional accessory and not forced on everyone. Samsung phones including the Note Line until the Note 9, have always had headphone jacks in the past, with full IP68 dust and water resistance, so you really have no excuse to ditch it now. It's just a cash grab strategy.

Therefore, please, PLEASE take my request into consideration and bring back the headphone jack in all of your smartphones and tablets!
6 Comments
Tech Talk
Very good point you make there 👍
ashara-dayne
Active Level 4
Tech Talk
Thank you 😊👍
0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
But you do get type c wired earphones with the phone.
0 Likes
ashara-dayne
Active Level 4
Tech Talk
Not anymore. Unfortunately, I don't think earphones are bundled with the flagships phones or tablets any longer, which is a disappointment. Also, it's always better to have a separate headphone jack as the charging port should not be used as a jack as well.
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
They are, and what you are saying is about the Note 20 Ultra not coming, well for your info, Samsung provides those for free from service centers if you ask. And it is NOT recommended to use earhones while charging, so, that acts as an advantage of not having 3.5 mm jacks.
0 Likes
Axel3
Beginner Level 4
Tech Talk

I agree. I am holding off on buying a new phone because they took away the headphone jack and it feels like they're copying iPhones.