Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Laptop

(Topic created on: 02-09-2024 12:53 PM)
Mohit_Sarsuniya
Active Level 5
Options
Tech Talk
I am a student and I want to puchase a laptop. Is 8GB RAM enough for laptop in 2024. My workload includes:
1. Multitasking 
2. Multimedia consumption 
3. Excel, Word, PowerPoint 
4. Medium Coding 
5. Everyday Use

Gaming is not my primary task. I'll appreciate your help.

I am getting Galaxy Book2, i5-1235U, 8GB | 512 GB SSD. Model: NP750XED-KC1IN at ₹53,000 on the Official Samsung website.
I have a Galaxy smartphone so I want a Galaxy laptop for Samsung ecosystem features but this laptops doesn't have expandable RAM option, So Is 8GB RAM enough for me?

Product features:
1. Metallic Body 
2. Type-C charging 
3. Two SSD Slots 
4. Full sized Backlight keyboard 
5. Fingerprint Scanner
6. Intel core i5-1235U 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Shivamsk
Active Level 7
Tech Talk
U should go and check for all nearby samsung store or shops who deals only in samsung products...u can find it there....there is no such link...
It's just that few months back same thing happened with me...there is a samsung store nearby.... I have visited that store many times previously but didn't know that they also deal with laptops..... when I enquired then they said that they also deal in laptops...

And also they provide very good offers as there are many offers that company provide for offline stores...
Last thing ask them for offers and if they say that offers aren't available, then if u don't have hurry then wait for some time till offers arrives.....
And rest ask them...they will provide all the details

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 Comments
Shivamsk
Active Level 7
Tech Talk
It's enough, but u should consider buying 16 GB RAM variant as it will always provide an extra edge....and try to buy Galaxy Book 3....as u will get it just for some more bucks...and try offline samsung store.... u can find much more better deals than official Samsung website..
0 Likes
Tech Talk
How can I find the nearest Samsung Store? Yes I know there is a link from which you can locate the Samsung Store but I don't get know whether the laptops are available at that Store or not? How can I know that? I'll appreciate if you help me with it.
0 Likes
Solution
Shivamsk
Active Level 7
Tech Talk
U should go and check for all nearby samsung store or shops who deals only in samsung products...u can find it there....there is no such link...
It's just that few months back same thing happened with me...there is a samsung store nearby.... I have visited that store many times previously but didn't know that they also deal with laptops..... when I enquired then they said that they also deal in laptops...

And also they provide very good offers as there are many offers that company provide for offline stores...
Last thing ask them for offers and if they say that offers aren't available, then if u don't have hurry then wait for some time till offers arrives.....
And rest ask them...they will provide all the details
0 Likes
Tech Talk
Thank you so much.
Tech Talk
Consider this 8GB RAM is DDR4x 4266MHz RAM.
0 Likes
Shivamsk
Active Level 7
Tech Talk
But 16 GB RAM variants will be more beneficial....if u can flex ur budget
0 Likes
Tech Talk
No, It will be very difficult to increase my budget.
0 Likes
Shivamsk
Active Level 7
Tech Talk
Oo then try to get Galaxy Book 3......u will get it around 55 or 56 for 8 GB+512 GB variant and approx 4k to 5k extra for 16 GB variant.....
But remember, Galaxy Book 3 will be a better deal than Galaxy Book 2
0 Likes
S_Kumar73
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
Nowadays minimum requirement is 16GB RAM. So better choose 16 or above
0 Likes