Original topic:

Internet connectivity issues in US..

(Topic created on: 12-20-2019 09:47 AM)
venkat3555
Beginner Level 2
Options
Tech Talk
Hi .. I came to United states recently and I carried samsung m30s which I was using in india.. I preferred the Mobile network as T mobile is US . The problem is internet is very slow as only edge is connected. I contacted T mobile customer service and they say that phone is not compatible.. pls advice if any settings needs to be updated to make it compatible.
5 Comments
iVirus
Active Level 7
Tech Talk

T-Mobile supported band:

LTE: Band 2 (1900 MHz), Band 4 (1700/2100 MHz), Band 5 (850 MHz), Band 12 (700 MHz), Band 66 (1700/2100 MHz), Band 71 (600 MHz).

M30s Supported Bands:

B1(2100), B3(1800), B5(850), B7(2600), B8(900), B20(800) B38(2600), B40(2300), B41(2500)

There is  only Band5 common.

Whenever in US you will get band5 coverage then only you will get some good internet speed.

Settings >  Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Mode :

By default it is  Lte/3g/2g (Auto Mode)

Try to slelet if you find LTE only mode(availbe in some phone only)

you can also try 3G only mode.

0 Likes
iVirus
Active Level 7
Tech Talk

https://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/lte-band-compatible-devices

Here is  list of supported devices  and M30s is not in the list  

0 Likes
SUREJSJ
Active Level 9
Tech Talk
As per my experience band B5(850) is not working with T-mobile. Band 2(1900) in Galaxy A10 will work with good requirment but that too depends on location.
0 Likes
SUREJSJ
Active Level 9
Tech Talk
Your device is not made to work in US.
Indian and all other device can run for only Frequency and Band of 4G as per Frequency and Band available in that country. Before you purchase phone verify frequency and band of device and match it with country you are visiting.

Just try and get more information about Galaxy A50 for this issue.
Samsung_Support1
Options
Tech Talk

Hi there,

We would suggest you to follow the mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

1) Ensure that network frequency of your device is selected on Auto-mode.

Settings > Connections >More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Mode > Select Auto mode (GSM/WCDMA/LTE).

2) Search for the Network Manually by the steps as mentioned:

Settings > Connections > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Select Manual Search.

3) Perform Interactive checks through the Samsung Members app (Samsung Member> Get Help> Interactive checks > SIM card).

4) You may check by exchanging the SIM in SIM slots and also try using different network operators.

If still issue persists then we would suggest you to contact your service provider.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung members application (Open Samsung members app >> click on “+“icon > send feedback >> error report / ask question).

Regards,
Team Samsung Members

0 Likes