Original topic:

#InnovationLab Smart Switch should check for same existing files and dont copy them.

(Topic created on: 06-13-2021 07:39 PM)
TandelK51
Active Level 4
Options
Tech Talk

Whenever we use Samsung Smart Switch most probably while getting new Samsung phones and transfer data from old phone. The issue is that if we transferred all the data already and than again want to transfer something just new taken in that time being the Samsung Smart Switch will copy each and every data again for e.g. Images -  I have 2000+ images and while transferring i got a email from my office with some important Images around 50-60 and i have to manually select them and Smart Switch will just copy all the old images again instead it can give us option to copy new created files only leading to proper data transfer. I have been going with this situation currently. I got Samsung Galaxy S7 and recently bought Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G for my dad . We were waiting for Cover and its been a week time i did the transfer of all the things. Now after 7 days i have to delete the files everything again on S20 FE 5G to get same exact data of S7. This feature will help  a lot to everyone also. 

0 Likes
1 Comment
TandelK51
Active Level 4
Tech Talk

This can lead to one small issue is that if the Phone has created a new image with the same name in new Device than it can create a issue also. It will be better to maintain a log file of transfer data on old phone which can be checked with new Phone and ask to copy old files and rename them with some prefix like device name_Image Name

0 Likes