Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

#InnovationLab 21 Features and Quality of life improvements suggestion for OneUI

(Topic created on: 04-18-2022 02:45 PM)
_fahad64_
Active Level 5
Options
Tech Talk
1. Samsung needs to implement this lock screen animation
I would like to ask users to please take few moments of their time and go through my thread properly as I have mentioned my requests in detail below with images and videos where needed and if you liked it please do interact with my post for samsung to check my post and improve these sections for better quality of life user experience. Also keep an eye on my post as I will be keeping this thread updated with more new suggestions over time.

2.Blur in notification in light mode

3. Blur in notification dark mode

4.Blur in widgets light

5.Blur in widgets dark mode

#InnovationLab
Samsung, what we want are better animations with stable performance and consistent UX design through out one UI.
Things to implement and improve:
1. Please implement or just copy the lockscreen to home screen animation which I have shown in the first video. Better animations = better and smoother user experience. 
2. Implement blur in notifications while on lock screen. (Photos 2 and 3)
3. Implement blur in widgets. (Photos 4 and 5)
4. Make better animations for app opening and closing where the zooming in and zooming out of the wallpaper in the background is even more noticeable and slowed down. (Mimic IOS style animations.)
5. When pulling down notifications panel make the panel bounce to give that more intuitive feel. Also while pulling notifications panel make the background (wallpaper) zoom out (mimic pixel experience)
6. Remove the greyish blurry background while going into task manager in dark mode which is not present in light mode (recent apps) and replace it with a more neutral looking blur background. Also implement the same zooming out and zooming in of background (wallpaper) animation (mimic ios) while going in and out of recent apps (task manger)

Greyish background in dark mode

Greyish background not present in light mode

7. Revamp App drawer. The current app drawer is totally outdated looking. Make it look more aesthetically modern and pleasing (make a hybrid of pixel experience app drawer and ios app drawer with one UI ux design). Implement two kinds of apps drawer one horizontal app scrolling and another vertical app scrolling giving users the option to chose whichever they want to use directly into the system not relying on the good lock modules. Implement the same zooming in and zooming out of wallpaper animation while going in and out of the app drawer.
8. Implement better haptics into UI such as, haptics while going into app drawer, scrolling through the recent apps etc.
9. While setting up a samsung phone, give the user to chose either the navigation gesture or the 3 button navigation system upon setup.
10. Please implement a more user friendly with simple and laid out ux design which lets the user chose what applications users want to use or download while setting up the phone.
Implement 3 choices into this as we know one ui comes with a lot of both google and samsung apps, 1. Google focused app experience, 2. Samsung focused app experience, 3. Custom, which will let the users decide what applications they want in their phone while first time setting up their phone (to avoid criticism of bloatware). Remove bloatwares and applications that are not needed.
11. Implement battery health feature same as ios which lets users know how much their battery has degraded over time.
12. Implement android 12L like animations (mimic pixel experience) in notifications pannel where the animation follows the tiles section or settings section same as opening an application. Follow the video given below.
Notifications panel interactions

13. Improve or revamp the finder search with a more intuitive and an intelligent search feature. The animations while going into the finder search is very jarring and unintuitive. It does not feel like an extension of the system. It feels like a third party solution. Implement animations while interacting with finder search. Copy ios for the animation.
Finder search ugly animation

14. Improve the stabilty and responsiveness of the UI make it lighter.

16.Revamp the One UI icons and the notifications panel a bit overall to keep user experience exciting and fresh.
17. Provide smart widgets for all users with all samsung devices (right now limited to s22 and s21 series)
18. Provide frequent graphics driver updates through playstore.
19. Make the navigation gesture and the animations as fluid as IOS and get rid of the ugly white or black navigation gesture background natively without the help of good lock modules. Make it same as how IOS is transparent and while maintaining correct aspect ratio while in an application.
20. The opening and closing of camera animation in navigation gesture is still broken and different from the rest and laggy. Please improve it. This is very improtant users have been complaining about this for 2 years now.
Ugly camera opening animation and glitch
21. Copy the below given video for smoother and more intuitive widget resizing concept.
Widget resizing concept

What samsung lacks right now is just a smooth user experice with good animations and consistent ux design.
3 Comments
jibonlota
Active Level 4
Tech Talk
0 Likes
Solution
cs_member8
Options
Tech Talk

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We welcome your suggestion and appreciate the time and effort you have spent to share your valuable comments. This will help us to improve our services.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support