Original topic:

How much amount of battery is consumed by 5g and high refresh rate?

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Tanmayrajthakur
Active Level 7
Options
Tech Talk
Guys , if you want your battery to last much longer then I have a tip.

1) turn off 5g network-- study shows that 5g uses more 11% more battery as compared to 4g. However this will not make significant difference but will save little amount of battery.

2) study also shows that 120 hz consume about 30% more battery the 60 hz. This makes a significant difference. This can be explained as, suppose the normal screen on time using 120 hertz is 7 hours when when you will set it to 60 hertz then your screen on time will be about 10 hours. 
However if you want to enjoy high refresh rate and also battery then you can set some routines which will automatically set selected apps to use 60hz and also set a routine related to network type
16 Comments
Tech Talk
Yeah, thanks for simpler option .
Darkvader12
Active Level 8
Tech Talk
For 60hz for every app o don't care about high refresh rate and 5g at all much 4g is enough and 4g plus . I use 5ghz wifi it is way more battery effecient than the 5g Sims
Gundra
Active Level 8
Tech Talk
Rich kids use wifi..😁
Darkvader12
Active Level 8
Tech Talk

it not like that man how much the wifi cost it cost around 600 rs - 1200rs per month man

0 Likes
Darkvader12
Active Level 8
Tech Talk

plus you have option to pay for a whole year in the same cost of mobile data in mobile data you don't get unlimited but on WiFi it is unlimited you are just paying for the speed not for data now tell me which on is economically beneficial the unlimited data usage with decent speed and reliability or expensive speed data with unstable network  i know i know we cant carry wifi every where but honestly mobile data is just for emergency situation or for those who travel a lot abroad or locally any where but in the end we all come to home and in home there isnt need for the mobile data

0 Likes
Gundra
Active Level 8
Tech Talk
Its not that point.. we always work outside. So we need only data packs. Majority of the workers dont stay in homes, even students. So for us wifi maintenance is not managable..
Darkvader12
Active Level 8
Tech Talk

even i work outside as well so i carry WiFi dongle with me i only use mobile data when dongle battery is exhausted