Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

How are winners announced in members app

(Topic created on: 09-07-2021 12:07 PM)
Alappy
Active Level 4
Options
Tech Talk
Yesterday I received a email stating that I was selected as a winner for galaxy A22 5g contest
And they asked me to pay the tax amount of 6000rs to their bank account
Do anyone knows what's the method of redeeming the gift voucher if this is genuine
Tech Talk
Ok, wait but it seems genuine..let me get some information on this..will get back asap
Tech Talk
I think,you gt your answer.. check last comment(PRIZM)
0 Likes
animeshmodi
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
But please try to change the process. As this process can be used by some fraud people to loot people.
Tech Talk
Yes, that seems genuine 👍
0 Likes
Alappy
Active Level 4
Tech Talk
Okey thanks
Solution
PRIZM
Community Manager
Options
Tech Talk
Congratulations and yes, any email you receive from membersindia@samsung.com is genuine. There is a gift tax liability of 30% that users as per law of the land need to bear. Hope this helps.
animeshmodi
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
But sir, please try to change the process. As this process can be used by some fraud people to loot people.
Alappy
Active Level 4
Tech Talk
Do you know when the vouchers are going to be distributed ?
0 Likes
Solution
ajitsaria
Active Level 10
Tech Talk
Congratulations. I too won the Galaxy Buds Pro Contest and got similar email and paid the tax amount. I got a voucher code for Samsung Store thereafter. The process took a long time due to their office being shut for the pandemic. Screenshot attached. After they receive payment, your name will be declared as winner jointly with others.Screenshot_20210907-120927_Gmail.jpgScreenshot_20210611-185242_Samsung Members_51760.jpg
khushi129
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
Did you have all the requirements document, i just only have pan and aadhar ,what i do can i submit someones other document as photo id proof
0 Likes