Original topic:

Google Play Services ,Chrome Settings and Android system webview has been cloned

(Topic created on: 09-20-2020 03:20 PM)
RoshinK
Active Level 2
Options
Tech Talk
In my Samsung A30s smartphone two google chrome is showing l, in which one of these chrome has a clone icon on the right bottom corner (similar to dual messenger icon) and in the app draw the android system webview, google play services and settings also has the same problem. Why is this like this???

Can anyone please tell a solution for this????

0 Likes
15 Comments
Vinoth_DP
Active Level 6
Tech Talk
the orange circle mentioned that is second one app. Turn off Dual Messenger .
Settings-->Advanced Features--> Dual messenger-->Turn off
0 Likes
RoshinK
Active Level 2
Tech Talk
Yes its turned off and the chrome is not removed yet
0 Likes
RoshinK
Active Level 2
Tech Talk
And the dual messenger option is only for messaging app. Why does the google play services gets cloned
0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
so first uninstall chrome then install again
RoshinK
Active Level 2
Tech Talk
We can't uninstall Google privided software (which are inbuilt) from our phone
(uninstall is possible through windows powershell and usb debugging for certain apps and not for all)
0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
i m talking about chrome browser
RoshinK
Active Level 2
Tech Talk
I found a solution for this

Go into file manager and click Internal Storage, than Android, then Data, then find com.android.chrome. if there is any downloads you need move to same file on SD card. Delete and go to settings and you'll see chrome has only 1 now as well as Android System Webview and Settings.
McMurmu
Active Level 2
Tech Talk
Thanx bro you solved the problem..👌👌👌
0 Likes
Tech Talk
in dual apps
google play services, app service and storage services and android and app data and dual app settings, web services and entire things which included with apps gets different channels so, they were cloned for entire separate app section in android itself

it will be same for secure folder too but they were hidden

it's not bug or error once refer in google for more information you can turn it off
0 Likes