Original topic:

Call history grouping in Samsung Phone app

(Topic created on: 01-17-2021 10:08 AM)
Jigs_007
Active Level 4
Options
Tech Talk
The calls from same caller are not grouped in recent tab in Samsung phone app. Truecaller gives an option to group calls from same caller. It becomes easy to trace the recent calls if calls from same caller are grouped. Suppose if I get 100 calls from 10 callers than Samsung phone app will show 100 calls in recent tab. However, if calls from same callers are grouped than it will show only 10 calls and rest we can see in call history which is already available in Samsung Phone App. 
11 Comments
ChandanMallick
Active Level 10
Tech Talk
You'll find all the call and message history after click the call log but grouping on the log section is not available and it will be another step to find the call time and all
Jigs_007
Active Level 4
Tech Talk
I am just saying to give an option. So the Current details will be available and the one I said that grouping calls from same caller option will also be available so one can choose the one suitable for them. Also, you can see Google phone app and truecaller app, it has these options.
anupmehra
Active Level 1
Tech Talk

Been more than a year, what happened to this query??? After switching to S22Ultra I'm struggling to find call details from a particular user, like how many times I've interacted with this person and I've to scroll way back down and I can't take a screenshot for obvious reasons. This feature is very basic and seemingly available to all phones but samsung which is very pity.

PrabhuNV
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk
Is there any way or work around to group call logs - ie. grouping calls from the same number under one head
Stelty
Beginner Level 4
Tech Talk

I just switched to Samsung and the lack of not grouping the calls is very annoying. Are there any solution that I could use? To switch to any other app for calls function. I got lost to scroll down in calls history. Please, update and provide a function to be able to group all calls from the same caller and if I tab it then to see the history, if answered or not, when and how long we had a call. I had this options in my old ZTE.

PramodKL
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
I just switched to Samsung and the lack of not grouping the calls is very annoying. Are there any solution that I could use? To switch to any other app for calls function. I got lost to scroll down in calls history. Please, update and provide a function to be able to group all calls from the same caller and if I tab it then to see the history, if answered or not, when and how long we had a call. I had this options in my old nokia 5.1
PramodKL
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
Plz tel us the steps to do
drkalo
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk

3 years later Samsung's phone app still does not support this basic functionality. I bought a 1300$ Galaxy S24 Ultra with all the bells and whistles but it doesn't have this fundamental feature, requested so long ago. I also own a Galaxy S7+ and a Galaxy watch 6 classic.  I have a pretty long daily call log and I always try to return the missed calls to people. I'd like to be able to easily distinguish missed calls that I have already returned so I don't have to manually search in the long list for their match. This could be very easily achieved with grouping calls to the same person (missed, received, dialed).

Jigs_007
Active Level 4
Tech Talk

I understand your concern and even I have the same problem.

They bloody don't listen to their customers. Pathetic company.

0 Likes