Original topic:

Samsung Tab A8 Battery Drain | Subject : Battery draining rapidly below 30%

(Topic created on: 04-12-2024 08:05 AM)
Yuuto
Active Level 1
Options
Tablets
Hello everyone, I'm here to request assistance on a problem that I faced regarding my Samsung tab A8 model SM-X200 (WiFi)

Subject : Battery draining rapidly below 30%

So what my tablet does is it that when it reaches a Battery percentage of 30% , it rapidly decreases percentage by percentage quickly.

For eg :- from 30% to 29% to 28% to 27% in just 10 to 40 seconds.

This has happened several times now

• I calibrated my device before, where you let it get to 0% and charge it all the way to 100 and leave it for a few hours. 
  • Software is up to date
  • Doesn't use the tab heavily.
  • Majority of the apps are in deep sleep.
  • Brightness is always low

Please do tell me why this is happening. I am quite worried. Is a similar situation happening to others as well? Is this related to a software bug? Does this have anything to do with standby time?

10 Comments
goodthings
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Kindly complaint to Samsung customer support through Samsung Members App as error report also send log files Along with this error report for this issue and wait for next update may be fix it by Samsung team soon. If you like please accept as a solution it's help to others users also, click on 3dots in my reply section and click on accept solution. Thanks.
0 Likes
Yuuto
Active Level 1
Tablets
How can I send error logs, can you please explain, also is it really a software bug, is anyone else facing this?
goodthings
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Please go to Samsung Members App main page, click support, click feedback, click error report then follow instructions on screen. Thanks.
goodthings
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Your's most welcome to here.
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Tablets

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

As per your concern, we would request you to kindly perform the following steps to resolve your issue.

We want to inform you about the Samsung Members app (Battery Status (Battery life + Battery Capacity).
You can check the "Battery Status (Battery life + Battery Capacity)" test using the Samsung Members app.

Battery life depends on how the battery is used. Note that different devices have different battery life. The expected battery life for your model can be found in the manual.

We would like to inform you about the standard charging procedure (charge in one go instead of charging many times as it affects the life span of the battery and battery performance).

Charge in one go instead of charging many times as it affects the life span of the battery and battery performance

Perform Battery Optimization
Battery optimization helps you to boost the battery performance of your device. To check battery optimization:
Settings > Select Device Maintenance/Device Care/Battery and device care > Optimize > Optimize all options like Battery, Storage, and Memory.

Turn off Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, etc.
Turn off unused functions like Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, and location settings when not using them: On the home screen swipe down the notification panel > Turn off Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, and other connectivity features when not using them.

Check device network fluctuation
Kindly check whether the mobile network fluctuates frequently or if the network signal is low in your area. In both cases, the battery will drain considerably fast.
Recommendation: We recommend you avoid using it in areas with low network/fluctuation.

Reduce display brightness level.
Kindly set the device display brightness in auto mode (If available).
Adjust screen timeout settings: Settings > Display > Screen timeout > Select minimum screen timeout.

Check and update the App: Kindly check which application or interface is using more battery from device care. And try to update the app or avoid using that app.

Close background running apps.
Close all the background running apps when not using them,

Turn off auto sync of e-mails, app data, etc.
We request you turn off the auto sync option, it will stop the synchronization of the device with the server & reduce the battery drainage.
The steps to turn off auto sync are:
1. Swipe down on the home screen to open the notification panel.
2. Turn off the auto sync option.

Check your device in safe mode: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/safe-mode-on-samsung-phones/

Reset your device: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/Samsung-galaxy-mobile-how-to-perform-a-factory-res...

In case the issue still occurs, please visit the service center for a physical inspection of your device. You can locate your nearest service center with this given link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/service-center/

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
IAmSurya
Active Level 4
Tablets
It's true, from last one year, worst experience with this.
0 Likes
Yuuto
Active Level 1
Tablets
Is this happening to you as well? I tried the solutions stated yet I still faced this issue again today.

My battery was 33% last night, when I woke up today it was 26%.
Then it got rapidly decreased to 17% in a matter of 3 minutes.
IAmSurya
Active Level 4
Tablets
Yes, same here. I'm not happy with this Tab A8.(In this battery 🪫 dropping)
IAmSurya
Active Level 4
Tablets
from last 1 year
0 Likes