Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S Pen

(Topic created on: 04-15-2024 12:48 PM)
Philazone
Active Level 3
Options
Tablets
Samsung when will the Galaxy Tab A series get a S Pen so we can use the drawing apps. I know the Galaxy Tab A series is marketed as a tablet that is used for watching movies, series on your favourite streaming platform and also playing games and social media. But I wish taking notes and drawing also be one of the Galaxy Tab A series marketing points when you finally add the S Pen. 
12 Comments
TeeA
Active Level 7
Tablets
If I remember correctly you an get an A Pen separately. The S Pen for tablets are for the tablets that came with it inside the box. Other tablets use the A Pen.
0 Likes
Philazone
Active Level 3
Tablets
There is no such thing as an A Pen and the pens that are used for the Galaxy Tab A series are all Bluetooth pens which have a delay and The Galaxy Tab S uses a Wacom technology and they don't rely on Bluetooth when taking notes or drawing.
0 Likes
TeeA
Active Level 7
Tablets
Those Bluetooth stylus pens were called 'A Pen' at the time and yes the wacom technology is only in the high end tablets.

The point I wanted to make was that the Tab A series won't get S Pen treatment because Samsung is keeping the wacom digitizer exclusive to the higher end tablets.
0 Likes
Philazone
Active Level 3
Tablets
That is **bleep** that they would keep the Wacom digitizer to the higher end tablets. Which each of this tablets would be used from different purposes. The higher end tablets are more like productivity tablets with focus on long format video editing, large scale photo editing, digital artwork. When the Galaxy Tab A series can just focus on note taking like the Galaxy Tab S6 lite which is mostly for students and assistants.
0 Likes
TeeA
Active Level 7
Tablets
Exactly so if you want to do serious things with an S Pen without breaking the bank, it will either be the S6 Lite or the Tab S FE, otherwise it's flagship all the way.
0 Likes
Philazone
Active Level 3
Tablets
I thought the Tab S9 FE would be affordable but it is not
0 Likes
TeeA
Active Level 7
Tablets
In this day and age, it's an arm and a leg for anything
Philazone
Active Level 3
Tablets
And I didn't know about Samsung having stylus called the A Pen thanks for telling me.
Jacques88
Active Level 6
Tablets
The last A Series that had S-pen support was in 2019. The Tablet cannot get Pen support via an Update because the screen components doesnt have the S-Pen layer in it.