Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Is samsung galaxy tablet s5e eligible for 3 years of android updates?

(Topic created on: 11-30-2020 07:15 PM)
sachint43
Active Level 4
Options
Tablets
Or android 11 will be its last update. Though i just bought this tablet and it came with android 10 preinstalled.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Diya22
Active Level 9
Tablets
Bro same condition. I brought S5e on 28th october 2020 with Android 10 preinstalled.
i also wish that S5e should get till Android 12. And samsung should listen our wish.

View solution in context

Solution
Shivanshu2007
Active Level 7
Tablets
you are right it deserves but Samsung doesn't wants it to

View solution in context

0 Likes
13 Comments
Shivanshu2007
Active Level 7
Tablets
Android 11 would be the last update in Tab S5e because it is not in the list of devices that have 3 major Android updates. So it came with Android 9 and will get Android 11 no more than that.
0 Likes
sachint43
Active Level 4
Tablets
but it launched after s10 series & just 2 months before tab s6 series.... it deserves 3 years of updates
Diya22
Active Level 9
Tablets
YUP
Solution
Shivanshu2007
Active Level 7
Tablets
you are right it deserves but Samsung doesn't wants it to
0 Likes
Solution
Diya22
Active Level 9
Tablets
Bro same condition. I brought S5e on 28th october 2020 with Android 10 preinstalled.
i also wish that S5e should get till Android 12. And samsung should listen our wish.
hoya
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

my tab came with andoroid 11 per installed

0 Likes
Abrixblix1
Beginner Level 5
Tablets

Same, I bought mine 8 months ago, upgraded to android 11 since it had android 10 out of the box, and thought Samsung was going to update it to android 12 since it came out around the same time as the s10 lineup, but apparently that is not the case. 

For a company that uses the word "empower" so much, it's amazing how easily they stop supporting their midrange products. What is the point of empowering people with products that will barely receive two major updates? Maybe if they didn't release so many products every year, they would be able to keep updating older products longer and those updates would also be better optimized, like some other companies do.

Don't get me wrong, I love Samsung, but it's hard to be loyal to a company that does not care about its customers. I would rather have less options where to choose from in exchange for better support.

PLEASE SAMSUNG, FIX THIS, AND PLEASE TAKE THE TAB S5E TO ONE UI 4.0 OR 4.1, EVEN IF THAT IS ITS LAST MAJOR UPDATE.

0 Likes
Diya22
Active Level 9
Tablets
At what price you buy it. i buyed first hand at just 19500.
PLZZ CLICK ON THE RIGHT 3 DOTS AND SELECT ON ACCEPT SOLUTION. PLZZ
0 Likes
sachint43
Active Level 4
Tablets
i bought it for 34,000 lte version