Original topic:

Secure Folder backed up using Smart Switch, not being restored

(Topic created on: 02-19-2023 02:00 PM)
Duonic
Active Level 5
Options
Secure Folder

Hello all,

I recently backed up my data with Smart Switch on PC. It backed up everything including Secure Folder. How do I know this? There is a "SECUREFOLDER_SELF" folder in the backup files. However, when I go to restore the data, secure folder files are not shown. Nothing. I have many photos there and can't afford to lose all that. How can I restore Secure Folder? 

1 Comment
Ultra_Devil
Active Level 10
Secure Folder
I am not sure how did you take the backup.. but I had suggested to someone else here few days back for the same thing. Either use Google to backup all images and videos or use the Smart Switch app on both phones otherwise it will not restore.. because when you backup the Files from secure Folder they got backup in a different file type and when you restore them they get the organized back.. I am not sure if you had formatted your old phone but will suggest you use the Smart switch on both phones..

One more thing, if other new phone is not samsung or does not Secure Folder then better to move all data out of secure Folder and then transfer..

That's it, I hope you get it and wish you don't lose your data..