Original topic:

Webview. Android. Samsung. πŸ™„

(Topic created on: 03-20-2020 06:24 AM)
Ria93
Active Level 3
Options
Others
Scrolling on any web browser on Android is quite simply infuriating, it's a complete nightmare. Constant jerkiness, stuttering and depressing lags, that seem negligent and untidy, at this point. I have no doubt in my mind these flaws are being worked on, and that efforts are being made to straighten it all out, but I still cannot ignore my frustrations. This has been the sad unending tale of Android and webview for years now. Even Chinese manufacturers do a far better job with their overall OS(skin) cohesiveness, responsiveness, coherence and fluidity. I have no idea what is going on over at Google, with Android, and why Samsung still puts up with this amateurish shoddy work, but I hope things will improve. Android, at least Google's implementation, upkeep and management, seem to be what's holding back Samsung's true potential. Every single complaint I have about Samsung devices always finds its genesis in Google's Android and its militantly unpolished, undecided, confused, jittery and unprofessional approach to what this theoretically superior operating system is supposed to be, in reality. How can it be this difficult to decide on a uniform vision, to set out goals, streamline and to commit??? Steve Jobs had a vision, he made a decision and years later it is still improving on itself, even if iOS is doomed, because its eventual future is always ultimately some form or version of Android. Why does Google refuse to stick to a vision and build on it? Why can't Samsung finally redirect some of its resources to Tizen and continue on aggressively creating its own operating system and ecosystem? Google is sucking lifeblood out of Android and it is taking good manufacturers down with it. Android, as an idea and the most functional obvious operating system for human interaction with mobile technologies, is being squandered and ruined by Google. 
1 Comment
Gurmeet1
Expert Level 4
Others
good info
0 Likes