Original topic:

WHY THE F*CK is FaceBook pre-installed on my phone?

(Topic created on: 01-07-2021 12:07 PM)
AchillesYT
Active Level 3
Options
Others
I'm genuinely concerned whether or not Samsung cares about user privacy or not. Fine, we have an option to disable FaceBook and it behaves as if it is uninstalled after it's disabled but here's the thing: WHY IS IT A F*CKING SYSTEM APP ON MY PHONE IN THE 1ST PLACE? I don't wanna think about this or handle it when I'm setting up my brand new flashy Samsung phone, only to be shocked that FaceBook comes pre-installed on my phone. There are two kinds of people: people who use FaceBook to stay connected and don't care about anything, people are more aware, who care about their provacy and are working on getting out or are already out of the FaceBook woven net around your social media dependence. I have some knowledge to hoe software works but they are people who don't know and will read articles about FB. I will soon be out. Like look at this sh*t:

4 FaceBook apps that can't be uninstalled.

The OnePlus community whacked the company in the head not to put FaceBook on their phones pre-installed when they heard the news and OnePlus listened. Apple has their huge positive reputation for providing that granular control to the user about their data sharing. Samsung, if you're listening then PLEASE REMOVE THIS. You need to cater to both sets of people as I mentioned above. People who want to use it can manually download it. I don't want to see it on my f*cking phone pre-installed. I swear as the opinion leader for tech in my circles, I will direct them away from Samsung if this isn't fixed. Please, I trust you as a frustrated user that you will take action like b4 we cross the 2021 half-way mark.
11 Comments
meap
Active Level 7
Others
this is been like this for so long like it's been here since like 2018 or something
AchillesYT
Active Level 3
Others
Yes but Cybercrime rates have gone up indubitably since the pandemic. Whatsapp and Instagram are being hard integrated into FB.
0 Likes
AchillesYT
Active Level 3
Others
And I don't like that FaceBook doesn't give me a choice.
0 Likes
meap
Active Level 7
Others
if its disabled it is never using
any system resources
0 Likes
Others
debloat it bro using adb 😬
0 Likes
AchillesYT
Active Level 3
Others
I will, thanks. But wouldn't it be better if everybody did it?
0 Likes
Others
After purchasing samsung phones, the first thing i do is to debloat the whole phone 🤣🤣
0 Likes
AchillesYT
Active Level 3
Others
Facebook ain't bloat, pal. It's a virus.
Others
That's so rude 🤣🤣🤣 but somehow true
0 Likes