Original topic:

Some important stuff.

(Topic created on: 02-08-2021 09:48 PM)
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Options
Others
What's up guys? Some Exynos vs Snapdragon stuff here. We all know that Arun aka Mrwhosetheboss posted a video on YT which shows that the Exynos variant of the Galaxy S21 Ultra is WAY behind the Snapdragon one just like it was the case with Exynos 990 vs SD 865+. Now, I want to say something (or rather things) on this.

1. The CPU (just the CPU and not the SoC) is literally equal in both the processors with the same core configuration in both processors. And Samsung did NOT modify the cores. We all know that the main reason for the CPU being behind in the previous generations of Exynos were because of the custom cores, which is not the case this time. So this should not happen.

2. These two are quite literally the same CPUs, the difference being that the Exynos 2100 has higher clock speeds, so if we take two same CPUs and overclock one of them, then it should mean that the overclocked one should perform better than the other one, which is definitely not the case in this video.

3. Sustained performance. We saw from the video of Arun that the Exynos is REALLY weak in sustained performance, which should not be the case because both are in the end the same CPU.

4. The temperature. I have NO IDEA that how on good earth can the temperature of the Exynos 2100 be 43⁰ C without doing any task whereas the SD 888 is at 34⁰ C without doing any task. And in The Tech Chap's video, we can actually see that the temperature after running 5 back-to-back Antutu tests that the Snapdragon is slightly hotter than the Exynos.

5. A lot of other Youtubers have done this test and most of them have a different result than what Arun's video gave us. So on one hand, we trust Arun, and on the other hand, so many Youtubers cannot be wrong on the same topic at the same time. 

Check this video by Tom aka The Tech Chap, this has completely different results than what Arun's video has:

One example is running Antutu benchmark 5 times for testing sustained performance:

The Tech Chap

Mrwhosetheboss (Red is SD and blue is Exynos)

So, to finalize, is Arun against Exynos? DEFINITELY NOT. Do I hate Arun? DEFINITELY NOT. He is my idol.

But what I can say it that there is something wrong in Arun's video. And about the people saying and commenting Arun's video's link that SD is better, please do some research before commenting. Even Arun himself wrote a comment on The Tech Chap's video, read for yourself:

So dicuss about this in the comments if you want, I will see you guys next time. *sigh*
9 Comments
RakeshJR
Active Level 6
Others
Arun was the only guy who got odd results, Capt Saf TechChap all found better results even PBK and golden reviewer , Arun needs to update to latest build and try again

there has been 4 updates since Jan 28

Screenshot_20210209-070731_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20210209-070745_Twitter.jpg

RakeshJR
Active Level 6
Others
In other words Exynos is good this year except for Gamers coz of the Mali GPU , even then Mali is showing better fps in some reviews, cant say much about it
Others

This proves exynos silicon quality is not same throughout and samsung manufactures the exynos processsor whereas snapdragon has maintained it's standard across 90% of the tests for all youtubers.

That's the reason many exynos users including me are experiencing overheating for Samsung S21 ultra

Check it out what Tech Chap said

SarthakPatnaik_0-1612848020640.png

FahadVS
Active Level 2
Others
The exynos 990 is very bad
My S20 FE is slower than phones with snapdragon 660 (redmi note 7) and my 4 year old nokia 8 running snapdragon 835
Those phones would install 2 applications by the time it installs one.
why is it even not par with devices launched 3 years ago
0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Others
Please read the post carefully. I am specifically talking about Exynos 2100 and SD 888. We all kmow that Exynos 990 is not that good.
0 Likes
meap
Active Level 7
Others
Now I know why the temperatures of the exynos where hotter in mrwhosetheboss's video because the cpu is overclocked
0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Others
No, all Exynos processors have the same clock speeds which are higher than Snapdragon. And not all Exynos 2100s have heating issues.
0 Likes
Notadeveloper
Expert Level 1
Others
I can say something after seeing this post Arun's unit is defective. Arun recently tweeted, people are getting better scores in 2100. Something is wrong in his tests. Prolly his unit is defective or something else going on yhere
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Others
Exactly
0 Likes