Original topic:

Smart switch not working on macos big sur

(Topic created on: 12-04-2020 04:34 AM)
sachin7890
Active Level 4
Options
Others
Macbook just recently got update of macos big sur . Samsung smart switch stopped working on macbook after that because smart switch is not updated for this big sur . it's been 1 month since big sur software released but still Samsung didn't update the smart switch to work on macos big sur . please Samsung fix this asap . 

9 Comments
aarib
Expert Level 2
Others
ur photo is soo blurry.. cant understand anythng.
sachin7890
Active Level 4
Others
look at this..

20201204_143548_132244.jpg

pilla250
Active Level 4
Others
ya bro i am facing problem from so many day
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Others

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We would request you to kindly send us the screenshot, video and error log file with in 15 minutes of issue occurrence through error report section from Samsung Member Application:-
Samsung member application > Click on get help > Send feedback > Error report, so that we can help you out with this.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

sachin7890
Active Level 4
Others
i already given you a screenshot...check the first image ...
the problem is occurring in macbook so what's the point if i even send report...because as soon as i connect data cable this problem occures...and you can check yourself smart switch is not working on any mac after latest update
Samsung_udwnOti
Beginner Level 3
Others

I also facing same issue recently got message from smartswitch when i opened app they are waiting for approval for bigsur due to covid-19 it got delayed

embrague
Beginner Level 3
Others

This is getting ridiculous.  MacOS is up to version 11.4 already as of today's date (2021-06-27) and still no fix after seven months.  Meanwhile, Apple keeps issuing updates to their OS, yet Samsung still has no fix after all this time.  Any day now!

0 Likes
lucart
Beginner Level 4
Others

this is a widespread prevalent conflict between Mac and Samsung to use Smart Switch. You need to resolve this with Apple. This is not a user issue. This is a manufacturer problem for both parties. Mac is one of the best computer products and Samsung smartphones the best devices on the market and we cannot get the photos from the Samsung camera to the Computer to use. The Mac and Samsung devices don't recognize Smart Switch.

*The message for Smart Switch on Mac says :

We are awaiting approval from Apple for macOS Big Sur support.

Please understand that the delay is due to COVID-19, and we are sorry for any inconvenience.

We will be sure to provide the support as soon as we receive approval from Apple.

and also :

A program tried to load new system extension(s) signed by “DEVGURU Co., Ltd.” that need to be updated by the developer.

0 Likes
lucart
Beginner Level 4
Others

I am having the same experience. Smartswitch worked on Catalina, but doesn't work on Big Sur. The message from MacOS says :

We are awaiting approval from Apple for macOS Big Sur support.

Please understand that the delay is due to COVID-19, and we are sorry for any inconvenience.

We will be sure to provide the support as soon as we receive approval from Apple.

0 Likes