Original topic:

Service Center Issues?

(Topic created on: 05-19-2022 01:52 PM)
Parthh10
Active Level 7
Options
Others
This is a post about my experience with Samsung Service Center in Mumbai, how i faced problems and got it resolved. Since this is going to be a long post if you just need the solution and don't wish to read the whole story, scroll down and skip to the last para. 

I am using my note 10 plus since launch last year and had gone ahead and bought the extended warranty for my phone as i knew i would use for more than a year.. so keep in mind its extended warranty and not comprehensive or accidental damage protection.. ok so i am gonna start with how i use my phone.. when i am at home i mostly take my case off its only phone and till last month it was the pre applied screen protector not even tempered glass.. i like how the device feels slim and very comfy without the case.. only when i move out i put a case on.. i have used dbrand case and one more 3rd party clear case don't remember the name and ofcourse for a month i had used the clear case included in the box as well.. so this is about my usage till date and i don't know how last month on 27th september i noticed that my back panel started to become a bit loose like the glue had become a little weak.. i was worried that dust might go in so i visited the service center and here comes the first tip to people who have extended/comprehensive/accidental damage protection.. if your phone is out of standard warranty and you want to claim any of the above.. you need to call customer care on 18002021234 and activate the claim like customer care will ask which service center and when are you visiting to claim.. the service center can see it online and not charge to your bill.. its a mandatory step for claiming anything outside of standard warranty.. since i was not aware about it i had do it at the service center itself and it took like extra 15 mins or so.. after that they took my phone and told me to call and visit the next day.. so next day i visited again the device was ready.. there was no major repair job to be done but to just stick the back panel nice and firm.. and to my surprise i noticed the back panel was scuffed from inside.. by the look of it i think they must have kept something on the color side and hence the color was damaged.. glass was not damaged but the color was scuffed from inside the panel.. ok so this was my first repair job done on my phone and it was under extended warranty so there is no chance that the phone was opened anytime before this repair.. so i met the manager on duty and she was like we don't know how this has happened and she was of the view that neither its my mistake nor theirs.. the marks appeared magically without any logical reasoning.. so i asked if they would replace it for me or no.. she directly said no that is not possible under extended warranty.. damages are covered only under accidental or comprehensive.. does that statement make sense when the damages are done by the service center? so i told her that you know its your fault and you will have to change this back panel.. i did not play the samsung members brand ambassador card yet because i wanted to go through the whole process as a normal customer and not brand ambassador.. so i went home and searched samsung's website i found servicehead's email id.. i narrated the whole drama in that email and sent photos of my back panel.. within a day i received a call from them and they clarified a few doubts they had and told me to be patient and wait for a few days they'll come up with some solution for it.. i had clearly stated in my email that only solution for this is a replacement of my back panel so they were aware about that as well.. so i was told that servicehead team will reach out to me within a week.. 1 week passed by and there was no response but I was very patient and dropped one more email to them as a reminder that you gotta come up with something.. to that they responded via email they are working on it and will get back on call once they have something.. so after approx 2 weeks i got a call from servicehead team with the service center on conference call.. i was asked for my convenient time when i can visit and was told that my back panel will be replaced within 1.5 - 2 hrs on same day.. with the service center guy agreeing to same on call and he gave his number as well if anything goes wrong.. also the person calling from service head team gave her number and extension so that i can reach them over call if the need be.. i met the same manager on duty at service center whom i mentioned earlier and she agreed to do the job.. she was like i am aware about the case we were getting approval from the management for the back panel replacement so it took 2 weeks.. i was not interested in debating with them that they should have just accepted and replaced it in the first place 2 weeks back as they were at fault. I got my back panel replaced within promised time and that is what matters more.

Write in the comments if anyone needs help relating to this topic.

Attaching photos of the damaged back panel so you guys can be alert about it while collecting your phone from service center. Also photos are taken from an old phone so they are not very clear but you'll get the idea. Not attaching photos of the replaced panel its a new one nothing much to show there. 

So the moral- I strongly believe if you have any problems with service center contact on this email id - 
servicehead.in@samsung.com 

Be patient and calm ✌🏻💥
Hope this helps! Thank you. 

9 Comments
Others
Should I post It to the Mod Group
0 Likes
Parthh10
Active Level 7
Others
Sure you can.. I have shared it in the conversation group already..
0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Others
yes I also suggest people to contact on that email id, and it worked for so many peoples
and this is good that you shared your experience with service centre
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Others

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We would request you to kindly raise your concern under the Ask Question section from Samsung Member Application with more details, so that we can help you out with this.
Samsung member application > Click on get help > Send feedback > Ask question.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Vrajeshjoshi24
Beginner Level 2
Others

Can u please share me Servicehead's mail id...

0 Likes
Parthh10
Active Level 7
Others
servicehead.in@samsung.com
0 Likes
Selden
Beginner Level 3
Others
Can you mention which service center it was in Mumbai ?
0 Likes
shekhar_nath
Beginner Level 2
Others

Recently, I had a horrible experience with Samsung customer service. I bought a Galaxy M51 phone. When the phone was under warranty period it had problems two times. Once the screen was cracked, repaired with payment, and another time signal issue was there, repaired at free of cost. Both were done from the Samsung service center at Bhuj. Both the times service was quite fast and the service people were very much supporting. They convinced me to get the extended warranty for a year. I got that. Then we moved to Mumbai and again it faced a charging issue. As it was under extended warranty, I sent it to Samsung service center through Servify pick up and drop service. Now this time the Mumbai service team created a problem. They claimed that the mobile was opened by a third party. I tried to convince them that it was serviced by none other than Samsung. But they did not respect their warranty. If the mobile is under warranty, why shall I go to the 3rd party service? I contacted Samsung service Delhi through FB. After following all the communication, they said the same thing as their service center.

They sent me some photographs as proof. I could not understand that. Then I informed the whole incident to the Samsung service center Bhuj. The Bhuj person was very cooperative, initially he checked the photos and said there was no issue Mumbai service center should repair this under warranty. Then I made a conference call and connected with both the parties (Bhuj and Mumbai). Initially the Bhuj person was trying to convince the Mumbai service person, but the Mumbai service person was very adamant. Ultimately the Bhuj service person also said he could not do anything in this situation.

It is very pathetic that Samsung does not honor their own warranty.

Then they informed me that if I want to repair the mobile I have to pay. I asked for the amount and it was ~ Rs. 12000. Initially I agreed, but after waiting for 4-5 days there was no update then I called the Mumbai service center and asked them to return without repair.

They returned after 3 days, then I sent that mobile to the local mobile repair shop. They charged me only Rs. 3000, Mobile is running well, and the data was intact. Earlier Samsung told me that I would lose all data.

This is the service standard of Samsung. They are cheating customers in the name of extended warranty and even a local mobile repair shop is better than this so-called service center!

Now I decided not to buy any Samsung products. I was planning to buy a Samsung TV, but due to this I changed my mind and instead bought a Oneplus TV.

Beware of this extended warranty from Samsung!

0 Likes
Mandal4321
Beginner Level 2
Others
I am using S23 I bought it on April with 67000 but it is Shwoing some technical issues Dibrugarh service centre not helping me
0 Likes