Original topic:

Samsung Software Updates

(Topic created on: 11-19-2017 01:12 PM)
AnkurBansal
Active Level 7
Options
Others
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Hello, I am a regular user of Samsung Members app. I am seeing a lot of hatred for Samsung lately in regard to their delayed software updates. I don't even understand the hatred. Software update is a long procedure and Samsung already has a lot of phones to update.

First, Google releases software updates for their phones.
Then, The software build is provided to OEMs ( in this case, Samsung)
Then the software is built for each processor (each phone) seperately
then the software is tested for each phone
then the updates are pushed to required phones

Each category is waiting in line for, lets say oreo now,
first is 2017 Flagships
then 2017 a series
then 2017 j series
then 2017 other series
then 2016 flagships
then 2016 a series
and if lucky enough, 2016 other series.

Samsung has never been reputed to give software updates on time. Doesn't customers know that before buying a Samsung device. How are they even shocked to know that the device that they purchased will not be updated after a year? Samsung has never advertised quick updates as a feature. They have always advertised harwares and inbuilt software features.

If you want a quick update recieving phone, buy an iPhone (which in my opinion is very less feature rich phone) or an android one. And those who are comparing Samsung Phones with MI, MI has even worse Reputation in regard to Monthly updates( they just push MIUI updates to their phones)

I am standing by the side of Samsung Software department for this regard. I am a Samsung Fanboy because Samsung has built such a good phone and is one of the industry leaders. Samsung has offered me such a phone that has world class features and best in class hardware.

Your opinions are welcome in the comments section and I will try to answer most of you( Please don't abuse)

( I know only Hindi and English)
15 Comments
jk9
Active Level 7
Others
So you're telling me that pushing out security updates in U.S other markets is ok, and no secirity update for 4 months in certain markets is their business mode? You're a joke
0 Likes
TechnoMaster
Active Level 6
Others
let me tell you that we have made this samsung company top by saying this only.. it has better quality.. if we see iphone keeps globalization each update suitable for everyphone.. mi gives update each 15 days.. they say stability update noone know wat they give.. also if u see most of high function phones never reached india.. may like gs5 or something.. so if samsung is at top now.. they should be deserve ones.. not just by saying then good.. will do anything.. atleast keep pace with others
0 Likes
MH
Active Level 7
Others
more and more excuses and justifications for Samsung being Lazy. Samsung is not a small time company. They are a leading smartphone manufacturer. they not only manufacture smartphones they also make OLED display. they have huge profits to earn from making displays for other smartphones like iPhone 10. for them to ignore their year old flagship phones like S7 and launch a new one S8 with a year old operating system is unacceptable. THEY HAVE THE RESOURCES AND SKILL TO PROVIDE SOFTWARE UPDATES. DON'T JUSTIFY THEIR LAZINESS OR LACK OF WILL TO PROVIDE UPDATES.
0 Likes
admin_
Expert Level 5
Others
Thank you for sharing this information with Samsung members. Keep posting!!

Be sure to hit ♡ when you find an answer that works for you.
Others
thanks for giving oreo update in j series phones
0 Likes
Others
we are expecting that pie update in midrange j series phones . Love you samsung
0 Likes